Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be in Maine next week and may head up to CV to ride. Any recommendations for a nice 2.5 hour loop? Not opposed to riding any level of trail difficulty there.
Thnx.

·
Registered
108 Posts
From the Outdoor Center, start on Moose Bog (go around the pond counter clock wise) > First Tracks > Back on Moose Bog > Jabba the Hut > fire road > TOAD > Buckshot > Hurricane Knoll > Back the way you came through the end of TOAD. Turn right on the fire road and take the first trail on your right > Reddington Connector > Highland Road > Highland > Lowland > (Stop here for about a 10 mile ride or continue across the street for more) Route 27 Connector > Mike's > Narrow Gauge > Newton's Revenge > Oak Knoll > Narrow Gauge > Mike's > Connector back to the Outdoor Center.

I'd guess all of this is around 18 miles +/-.

You can take about 3 miles off this loop if you skip Reddington and Highland and go straight down to Lowland and continue from there.

The loop at the top of Hurricaine Knoll is a highlight. So is the entire length of Oak Knoll.

Coming down from Hurricane Knoll - if you decide on riding the Real Deal, note it has one very rocky downhill section and a few small drops that do not have go arounds. Nothing too extreme, just that it's a more difficult than anything else you will ride. Probably a legitimate black diamond trail.

The top of Oak Knoll is where one of the huts is. You may be able to stop in for a cold beer.

If after all of this you want some more, the grasslands loops are fun to ride at high speed and the random loops of the Narrow Gauge are also fun.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rode CV yesterday. I was fortune it enough to run into some folks who knew the trail and let me ride with them. Thanks, Becky and H from NH!
Did:
Moose Bog Loop to Jabba th Hut to TOAD to Buckshot Up Buckshot to Hurricane, Hurricane Knoll, Down to The Real Deal then back down TOAD to a dirt road then back to the parking lot on Cinderella. Very nice route. Now that I know what the big rock drops look like on Real Deal, I'll be back to clean them (hopefully).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.