Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
bicycle rider
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm racing singlespeed, family's not going. I'm in Oakland and I hate to drive solo. Carpool?

Can take three bikes, four people in my wife's Audi. Land Cruiser is awaiting new tags so not driving it.

Morgan

·
Registered
257 Posts
Oh, I'm driving up from SLO and am going to stay at my sister's in Oakland saturday night. She lives just off Lakeshore(?) Would that work, I'd be more than happy to help with gas? I'm racing SS too.:D

·
bicycle rider
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Johnnyboy said:
Oh, I'm driving up from SLO and am going to stay at my sister's in Oakland saturday night. She lives just off Lakeshore(?) Would that work, I'd be more than happy to help with gas? I'm racing SS too.:D
Works! I'm not far form Lakeshore, up on the hill. I'll PM you my contact info...

Morgan

·
~~~~~~~
1,293 Posts
i mean, who's not racing SS? the field is 20 already, which is about 5 times bigger than any of the other fields.

i'm trying to convince the lady to head up saturday, do some wine tasting, then camp at the park so i can do a single lap preride. its been 2 years since i rode there and i'd really like to preride the course.

ty

·
bicycle rider
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dirt_Diggler said:
i mean, who's not racing SS? the field is 20 already, which is about 5 times bigger than any of the other fields.

i'm trying to convince the lady to head up saturday, do some wine tasting, then camp at the park so i can do a single lap preride. its been 2 years since i rode there and i'd really like to preride the course.

ty
I'm hoping for one of the three randomly-handed golden tickets. There are some fast guys in that field.

http://www.bikereg.com/events/ConfList.asp?EventID=6540&p=&SortBy=&z=1#11

Morgan

·
bicycle rider
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dirt_Diggler said:
no crap. there are at least 5 guys on that list i know are faster than me, and i only know about 6 of them...

luckily, i already got a SSWC registration.
I missed out; reg-ed at 12:00AM by my clocks, but was told I was too early. Ah well, even if I don't get in I'll still course-marshall it, do some of the related rides. It's all good. Three laps of the Skyline course on a SS in the smoke and heat... Have you ever been to a Turkish prison?

Morgan

·
~~~~~~~
1,293 Posts
morganfletcher said:
Three laps of the Skyline course on a SS in the smoke and heat... Have you ever been to a Turkish prison?
if i said yes, would you believe me? i bet if i went to turkey with my outspoken armenian girlfriend we could get ourselves thrown into one though.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I'm also interested in carpooling from SF. Only catch is I need to be dropped off in San Rafael on the way home. If that fits your route, and you'd like some company and gas money, PM me. Just doing sport though, no crazy SS stuff.

Matt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.