Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
The blue line is still a primarily dh trail. You could pedal up sections of it, but I would say you’re better off finding some sections you like and session them.

·
Chump
75 Posts
Whenever you find yourself at the bottom, that blue line is pretty much the only way to pedal to the top. And if you're coming over from Waterdog, the top of the blue line next to the houses is where to start.

·
Registered
196 Posts
For those that can neither confirm nor deny riding the trails at this undisclosed location: How much more difficult are these routes than Waterdog proper? Theoretically, I mean.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would say people that ride carlmont vs. water dog are on the two complete opposite ends of the Mtb spectrum. Or easier said, they are harder.

Also, no need to reall worry about saying “carlmont” online. There is a plethora of content on it on all social media outlets

·
Registered
196 Posts
I would say people that ride carlmont vs. water dog are on the two complete opposite ends of the Mtb spectrum. Or easier said, they are harder.

Also, no need to reall worry about saying "carlmont" online. There is a plethora of content on it on all social media outlets
Thanks for the reply. I found some vids on YouTube and while there are few things that look like fun I'd be out of my depth on most of it.

·
Hella Olde
2,541 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I found some vids on YouTube and while there are few things that look like fun I'd be out of my depth on most of it.
I tried to reply last night - I guess it didn't save. It went something like this: The Carlmont (quite unlike Waterdog) side is a great little place to work on progression. Even though you see local rippers sending the big YouTube lines, there are go-arounds for everything and some fun little trails to session. Just practice common courtesy, use common sense and pack out some trash. It's a fun little zone. There was even a DH race there 2 weeks ago and nobody got ruffled feathers - it was over before anyone knew it happened and the neighbors were all respected. Peace on the Hill.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
I tried to reply last night - I guess it didn't save. It went something like this: The Carlmont (quite unlike Waterdog) side is a great little place to work on progression. Even though you see local rippers sending the big YouTube lines, there are go-arounds for everything and some fun little trails to session. Just practice common courtesy, use common sense and pack out some trash. It's a fun little zone. There was even a DH race there 2 weeks ago and nobody got ruffled feathers - it was over before anyone knew it happened and the neighbors were all respected. Peace on the Hill.
Do wear gloves, knee and elbow pads, the dirt there will shred you.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Nice, maybe I'll give it a go during a less busy time of day. Thanks for the info.

Do wear gloves, knee and elbow pads, the dirt there will shred you.
Oh yeah, I learned that lesson the hard way a couple years ago on the Waterdog side.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.