Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time riding Carlmont DMC today.

Cool place but it is covered in trash.

Can we get some people together to clean it up one of these weekends?

I have a truck and a wheelbarrow who else is in?

Does anyone know the landowner?

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Passion trail bike did that before. Might want to hook up with them to make it a bigger deal. The kids riding there are just too young to understand

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
you might have a better time organizing if you post a few dates and times instead of just asking if we can get together. I for one would try to show up. also maybe we can leave a few trash bags near the worst spots and they will get filled

·
> /dev/null 2&>1
3,824 Posts
I might be able to join, subscribing.

Next weekend is Memorial, everyone will be out of town. But after that . . .

·
Registered
367 Posts
It's not really a kids who ride problem. It's more of a kids who party behind the high school problem.

·
Over it
3,799 Posts
I'm in for whatever. Thanks for getting it started!

·
Registered
251 Posts
yeah we used to have a box of trashbags at transmission and people would fill them and leave them by the street but that practice stopped when we saw that only a few people cared - its been the party spot for generations of belmont kids and you just pull up more glass and trash when you dig down into the dirt - a one day cleanup won't fix anything

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mudguy, I was there a month ago and there was a white wicker love seat in the middle of the trail I was going down. Lovely surprise. I wouldn't mind helping, it definitely needs some TLC.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mudguy, I was there a month ago and there was a white wicker love seat in the middle of the trail I was going down. Lovely surprise it definitely needs some TLC.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts