Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Heart Plumber
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It´s been a while since I post, so I thought to share some pics of today riding with my wife.
Living on a caribbean island have its charms. This is the second weekend of "hitting the trail then hitting the beach". Hard to beat a glass of chilled wine and watching the sunset after scorching sun riding. Well, the pics:

Attachments

·
How do I do that?
561 Posts
When I think of the weather in the Caribbean, I usually think "humid" but that doesn't seam to be the case at that part of Margarita. Is it a seasonal thing or is it often dry there?

It's funny, depending on the place, such as......say, Kona and Hilo, one portion of the island is dry and another is wet jungle:skep:

Very nice pics btw! Thanks for posting!;)

·
Heart Plumber
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The weather is mostly dry.
We have two rainy season trough the year though. There´re two months of sparse rain from july from august and a month of inter diary rain on december. Rest of the year is dry as a bone. The vegetation is mostly xerophytic but above 500 mts (1500 ft) is cloudy rainforest (without the rain).

·
Heart Plumber
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"Those rocks look like good slice-a-tire candidates."

And they are. Yesterday I was using a new Nevegal for the rear wheel. The former Crossmark had more tears and holes than the Stan´s liquid could seal. You can´t ride here without sealant. Seen the cute round cactus with pink flowers on it of pic #2?, well that´s "melon cactus"; it has thorns that can puncture a bike shoe sole. That and the sharp rocks are a hell of a tire torturer. But you get used to it.

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,138 Posts
I sliced a slime tube at LAke Georgetown on a very sharp-edged lime stone yesterday. Thinking about going to stans again once I spring to some Mavic 819s. Also use Nevegal but told the UST Crossmark is much better than the UST Nevegal--what's your take?

JDO said:
"Those rocks look like good slice-a-tire candidates."

And they are. Yesterday I was using a new Nevegal for the rear wheel. The former Crossmark had more tears and holes than the Stan´s liquid could seal. You can´t ride here without sealant. Seen the cute round cactus with pink flowers on it of pic #2?, well that´s "melon cactus"; it has thorns that can puncture a bike shoe sole. That and the sharp rocks are a hell of a tire torturer. But you get used to it.

·
Heart Plumber
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ArmySlowRdr said:
I sliced a slime tube at LAke Georgetown on a very sharp-edged lime stone yesterday. Thinking about going to stans again once I spring to some Mavic 819s. Also use Nevegal but told the UST Crossmark is much better than the UST Nevegal--what's your take?
I don´t use UST tires. For three years now I´ve been using standard tires with tubeless wheels and Slime and/or Stan´s. Work fine for me even in this hard-for-tires conditions. And yes, I like Crossmarks better than the nevegals, but the LBS have ran out of it. The Neve´s are great but somehow lack the cornering of the crossmarks.

·
Heart Plumber
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just found a couple of pics my wife and I took on a ride vacation to an even smaller island South Margarita. The island has almost no population and the rides are great (the sun unmerciful though). The hotels are gorgeous, come and visit!!!

#1 from the ferry
#2 from the bike arriving late for dinner at the hotel

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.