Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its pretty sweet! Special thanks to www.Bikeworksabq.com for the awesome deal!

Sun Atlas

56lbs and a 400 pound load capacity for taking home chicks from the bar. Its whats called a cargo bike by some long tail by others. The rear rack is just a steel plank with a milkcrate for now. A company named xtracycle designed an open source rack that this bike and surly use so there are lots of upgrades you can get for it. I'm eye-ing the big side bags each side can hold 100 pounds of junk. Also I'm gonna get some running boards to hold more junk and give passengers a place to rest their feet.

Its a family bike, the kids love it. Its a little unsettling that they call it my "cool" bike.

I went grocery shopping with it, but didn't get more then any one with a backpack could have carried. I still need to buy bags for it. but mostly its cool to turn a chore into something enjoyable for me and the kids.

The rack has lots of spots for the various add-ons but perhaps the coolest is the quick release mount that lets you tow a bike or bob trailer

Misc BS :

It has a 48 spoke 35mm rear wheel with a 14mm through axle Its fuking punk rock.

21 speed twist shift with a "mega range" cassette 34tooth old school

Its also got some bmx style handle bars

The ride is nice and smooth. Its a big Cadillac bike. Kid of a shame the steerer tube is so long ive got a fox36 160mm fork calling the new big bikes name

Give me room when you see me in the foot hills cause loaded up I need about a 1/4 mile to stop ;)

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good thing its lighter than your airborne...
Dont think your wife would approve of taking chicks home from the bar.
She might not care of they made breakfast ;) I see the 400 lb limit as a challenge. I cant see anyone being able to move that much **** or even needing to. Once i get my bags im gonna take it to home depot and buy concrete and a new mail box and see how that goes.

For now I do have a cooler that will fit on it ;)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Fuglio; For now I do have a cooler that will fit on it ;)[/QUOTE said:
Cooler? That's definitely Bando approved. Plus lots of money making opportunities. Sell soda and burritos at the trail work days and on the Bosque trails. Pay for the bike in no time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.