Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love to take some weigh out of my SB66a. Besides going with Carbon wheels I was wondering if carbon triangle from the 2014 SB66 (which is carbon) would fit my 2012 SB66a? I Imd John P. but he hasn't replied back to me. I will also call Yeti tomorrow and see what they going to say. Thought someone here might have already done it.

·
Salt Lake City, UT
1,422 Posts
I've wondered the same thing about the 95, but it isn't high enough on top of my priority list to look into it yet. To get the straight answer, as you said, I would just call or email Yeti.

·
Chilling out
6,030 Posts
Go look at the replacement parts list for the Switch mechanism, if the carbon and alloy use the same switch hardware, and bearings, and yoke I'd think they would be compatible.

On the '95 apparently they are NOT, FYI. At least the replacement parts are unique for each frameset flavor.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Go look at the replacement parts list for the Switch mechanism, if the carbon and alloy use the same switch hardware, and bearings, and yoke I'd think they would be compatible.

On the '95 apparently they are NOT, FYI. At least the replacement parts are unique for each frameset flavor.
I couldn't find Manual for 2014 Yeti SB66 which now comes with Carbon rear and AL front.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, just got off the phone with Yeti and the carbon triangle from 2014 SB66 will not fit 2012-2013 AL frame.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks for the follow up navip. I have a '13 sb66 AL and was curious as to whether the carbon rear could be retro fit. I thought I saw a post by John P in another thread where he said it could be done, but with some type of bearing modification. I guess I was wrong.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Found this in another thread:

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti

John P.'s Avatar Join Date
Feb 2004
To fit a carbon rear on an older aluminum front, you need a swingarm, a dogbone, a bunch of hardware, and a bearing kit.

We asked dealers and distributors all over the world if they had any interest in stocking these "upgrade kits", but the demand was so low that it was not economically feasible to offer them. If you'd like to piece together a kit, please get in touch with your dealer and discuss. Unfortunately, our staff is way too small to deal direct with each and every one of our consumers on a one-to-one basis. This is exactly why we have a strong and knowledgable dealer base.

Regarding who has/will have them, I'm not at liberty to promote any one dealer over another, but just ask yourself which dealer/dealers might have that buying power. Shouldn't be too difficult to figure it out.

JP

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome, I have no idea why Matt from Yeti couldn't just point me to the local dealer. I will call my LBS and talk to them. See what that would cost me.

Thanks!

Found this in another thread:

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti

John P.'s Avatar Join Date
Feb 2004
To fit a carbon rear on an older aluminum front, you need a swingarm, a dogbone, a bunch of hardware, and a bearing kit.

We asked dealers and distributors all over the world if they had any interest in stocking these "upgrade kits", but the demand was so low that it was not economically feasible to offer them. If you'd like to piece together a kit, please get in touch with your dealer and discuss. Unfortunately, our staff is way too small to deal direct with each and every one of our consumers on a one-to-one basis. This is exactly why we have a strong and knowledgable dealer base.

Regarding who has/will have them, I'm not at liberty to promote any one dealer over another, but just ask yourself which dealer/dealers might have that buying power. Shouldn't be too difficult to figure it out.

JP

1 - 12 of 12 Posts