Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Does anyone have a carbon stumpy? If so what do you think of the durability of the frame? I was thinking about getting one, but i am worried about it not being able to take a lot of abuse. I live in Colorado, like to to things like Monarch Crest, Moab and Fruita. I tend to be hard on bikes my current frame has a lot of dings the down tube from loose rocks hitting it
Thank a lot guys! https://forums.mtbr.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
:D

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
You wont have a problem with frame, i actually think they are more durable. The carbon is really tough, and you wont have any dents from rocks on the carbon. From what i understand, they put an extra tough layer of carbon on the outside protect all the plys on the inside. I also am pretty hard on my bikes, i like to ride them, not make them show pieces. I have never had a problem with my specialized carbon frames, the ride awesome too! That stumpy will take most anything you can throw at it and then some. I think Tonys102 who also has one would agree with me.

On a side note, I was skeptical about buying my first carbon bike too, then the shop showed me a video of 2 guys on carbon stumpys doing 10 foot drops to transitions.......my jaw dropped when i saw that.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yep, agree with that... I was a little worried at first, but now I don't even think about it. The ride is something else... I would give it 10 chillis...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.