Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have Shimanoo shoes and ATAC XS pedals. The pedal bars have worn a sizable groove in the carbon soles. Has this happened to you? How long before cleat failure? Shoes are only a year old. The rear groove is approaching 1/8 " deep.

Is there a better shoe for T!me pedals?

·
Lazy People Suck
777 Posts
ride-the-slide said:
Have Shimanoo shoes and ATAC XS pedals. The pedal bars have worn a sizable groove in the carbon soles. Has this happened to you? How long before cleat failure? Shoes are only a year old. The rear groove is approaching 1/8 " deep.

Is there a better shoe for T!me pedals?
I have had the same thing happen with Egg Beaters. I learned a trick from another MTBer that has solved the problem. Alot of shoes come with thin metal plate that fits on the inside of the shoe. If you put that between the cleat and the carbon sold of the shoe, it will absorb the wear rather than digging into the carbon.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yes, the Eggbeaters are worse..

I have M221s and the damage is not as bad and is happening at a slower rate then with the eggsI used to have. I do have a pair of those metal plates that caome with spd cleats. I'm going to try them out while the sole is still is in relatively good shape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.