Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Original Suspect
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my first carbon seat post, Easton EC70 for a great price the other day. Is there anything I need to be aware of as far as installation and clamping. I normally apply a thin layer of grease to aluminum seat posts but not sure if that is common for carbon. I checked Easton's web site for info but there is nothing as far as seat post installation.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
if its an aluminum frame most recommend using a grip paste to prevent the two fusing together (although that sounds highly unlikely). I went to my local performance to get some and they didn't have any for sale but the mechanic gave me a small tube. After I went through that I ordered it online.

·
SS Pusher Man
7,596 Posts
Don't use grease.....the carbon post will slip in an aluminum frame, unless you over tighten the seatpost collar.

Using a carbon friction paste/grip paste will help keep the post from slipping.

Carbon post in carbon frame...run it dry.

·
The Original Suspect
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually haven't run the EC70 for a while because I got a dropper for that bike but I have an Easton Haven Carbon post on my HT. I won't go back to aluminum. Paired with carbon bars the ride on my HT is better all around. I don't feel beat up on longer rides like I used to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts