Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Tough Guy Extraordinaire
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently tossed my bike and dig a pretty good job on my carbon bars! :madman:

The scratches are not super deep, but I'm concerned about the bars now. I know I had heard in the past that scratches kill carbon, but then there always seems to be some level of argument.

My question is, do I need new bars? I don't really want to buy them, but I don't really want to eat my stem either.

Opinions?

Attachments

·
Tough Guy Extraordinaire
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any other opinions?

·
Legend
1,287 Posts
"I" would keep it; but i'd honestly suggest you replace it if you have any reservations about it's integrity.

On a positive note, it'll still fetch a good amount of money.

·
Tough Guy Extraordinaire
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will most likely keep it, but not sure. I think if the scratches we rotated 90 degrees it would have done more damage.

Not sure that I would sell it though. If it's not a good idea for me to ride, it's probably not for someone else either. No use in stirring up some bad karma!

·
meh... whatever
5,306 Posts
Natalie Portman said:
Is your LIFE worth a few hundred bucks?
jah... no kiddin. or yer teefs? or your junk?

you would be amazed at the useless, broken, worthless junk people will buy on ebay. put the bars up on ebay with a $1 starting bid and lots of high res pics of the affected area; and an honest description including that they were crashed and thus you no longer want to ride them. and that the buyer uses the item at their own risk (which i do with everything anyway).

then if someone buys them its all on them.

·
Tough Guy Extraordinaire
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would like to think my life is worth more than a few hundred bucks, although I'm sure there are plenty of people who would disagree with that thought.

I guess new bars are in my future.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.