Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I throw poo
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any chance of me getting some carbon levers and ti hardware as a retro-fit for my juicys? I am torn between lust and responsability.

·
Registered
665 Posts
here in Australia i spoke with the local distributor. there's no parts in Australia (!) but they had personally sampled some and tried the retrofit themselves. they couldn't tell me if the carbon levers they sourced were early prototypes or not (and therefore NQR), but they didn't recommend the change-over: the carbon levers were slightly thinner, leading to slop when installed in the housing. apparently, no matter what shims they tried, they couldn't achieve a satisfactory results: too much slop or too tight.

they also suggested one of the seals or worm screw perhaps (?) needed changing too.

go figure! something tells me these guys either had a dodgy set of levers or really didn't persevere enough! :D

although, ^^^ as above, it may be that they had an '05 set of Juicy's rather than '06. i have '05 though.

i was told price wasn't too bad, like AUS$50 the pair, which would be far cheaper than UK$25. too bad for me, i can't even try! :(

:)

·
Registered
134 Posts
The Avid spares list tells you what you need, page 14 (second page in the pdf) just below the diagram under "Notes":

http://sram.com/_media/techdocs/04-06Juicys.pdf

No idea what the prices would be but you could take the part no. to your local dealer and get them to check it. Getting spares in the UK has been shocking not sure if it's the fault of Fishers (UK distributer) or Avid not having enough parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.