Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
illuminator82
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
opinions on the difference would be appreciated.. worth the cost? real percieved vibration dampening? durability in small travel xc bike?
i know the difference on the road between aluminum and carbon as it is miles apart..
thanks in advance....

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
The big differences are the weight (minus 200g or more for the Carbon frame) and the price (about 1000$ in CAD)... Maybe the look and bling factor too. Vibration is rarely a big issue on full suspension frames so I wouldn't buy it just for that but apparently, the Carbon version feels solid, stiff and precise without much vibration and noise... not that the alloy Rush is a vibrating noise machine though.

Some will argue the Alloy Rush will be stronger and last longer, I'm not sure about that though. After the abuse some of us have put on our Carbon Leftys (especially the Max on the Prophets) without any issues, I'm sure Cannondale knows how to make a carbon structure almost indestructible. And let's not forget a Rush is not the kind of bike you throw down 8' drops.

So... is the 200g weight loss worth that much money to you? You decide.

If I were to buy a bike right now and I had the budget, I'd go for the Rush Carbon 1. I prefer Shimano over SRAM and Avid brakes, I would just like the SI Hollowgram crank of the Team better than the XTR crank. I would also put Hope 2-piece round rotors for an additional weight loss of close to 100g... Just look at it, look how it's nice and smooth and fast looking!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Just as an aside...those of you looking to buy the "uni-carbon/grey" color offered on the Carbon Rush (as Dan pictured above)....the headtube and swingarm are actually a gold color. There is a nice new Rush Carbon 1 in my LBS! I didn't like it that much when I first saw it in the catalog...but it is definitely growing on me. Make sure you see it in person before you write it off.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Alum v Carb Rush

Hello Trauma MD- if I'm not mistaken you have owned both the Team alum and Carbon Rush. If you have time could you post your impressions/differences between the two? If you already have- I missed it, thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rush Carbon

I just Purchased Team carbon over the Carbon 1 because of the Avid brakes and The Xo shifters I have Used XTR for years and seems to be Temperamental always having to adjust i even test rode both and the avid ultimates felt way better to me i guess i wanted to try something different. If you test ride the Rush carbon ( any version ) you will be sold there is no comparison between the alloy version and the Carbon version ( less vibration, less body fatigue,less weight = equals faster lap times:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well I certainly concur on the road bike difference, but personally I dont think 1k is worth it (but I think it depends on what your looking for and how you ride). I'm a big guy [6'2"] so I tend spend more cash on building light but tough wheel sets than saving 200 grams. It depends on your needs....but IMO carbon doesn't take abuse well (at least my old Kestrel didnt....lol).

·
Registered
879 Posts
proxy said:
Well I certainly concur on the road bike difference, but personally I dont think 1k is worth it (but I think it depends on what your looking for and how you ride). I'm a big guy [6'2"] so I tend spend more cash on building light but tough wheel sets than saving 200 grams. It depends on your needs....but IMO carbon doesn't take abuse well (at least my old Kestrel didnt....lol).
I have the same problem with my Kestrel road bike. Beautiful bike but it just can't take anything at all. Currently I'm having some problems with the laminate coating peeling and chipping along the joints, as well as the frame and carbon components being easily scratched.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.