Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mojo SL is my first carbon frame...and I have to admit being a little limited in brain power regarding carbon fiber. I'm sure this is a silly question...but I have to ask anyway.

Do I need to face my head tube for my headset? My gut says no...but this goes against decades of metal bike riding knowledge...so I figured better safe than screwing my new headset.

Cheers

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
usr666 said:
I don't think so... on my Tranny I just dropped in the junk and put it altogether.
That's what I thought. I put everything together and it felt right...but I felt like I'd missed part of the game. Sort of like when you wonder if you took the gas hose out of your tank as you pull away from the pump!!! It happens ONCE... sighhh

·
Registered
395 Posts
ha, ya I know the feeling. I went though it trying to put together my BB. It just wouldn't screw in smoothly after it more than a quarter in and I keep thinking I'd need it faced. I had the same issue with an Ibis Silk Ti, in fact, that needed faced when I was putting it together back in the day but with the Tranny I used the BB tool and made sure to go slow and not too much pressure. There must have been a little spot in the because as soon as I got a little turn in it moved fine. But for that 30 seconds I was freaking out inside ha... Good luck with the rest of the build.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.