Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I honestly like the fact that Intense is staying away from carbon so far. I have nothing against carbon. I have bars seat posts, road frames made fully of carbon but I think too many manufacturers are using it in places were its just pointless and unecessarily adds to the cost for no real benefit, many times not even a weight reduction. Carbon links IMO are just one perfect example of this closely followed by carbon cranks.

·
Old school BMXer
2,695 Posts
After spending some time in the hospital as a result of a failed carbon fiber part, my mantra is "Friends don't let friends ride with carbon parts."

As Hecubus said.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
as someone who owned all of the various rocker options for the Racerx/Hammerhead

I went from none, to two piece, to 3 piece aluminum to one of the first 2 prototype carbon rockers to production carbon rockers...

there was no real weight difference and no stiffness difference

looked cool... but that was about it
I have NEVER heard of one breaking... come to think of it, none of various ones ever broke

the 3 piece was stiffer than the 2 piece which was stiffer than the original pure macstrut setup which was a LOT stiffer than the original Amp (noodle) B3s

1 - 4 of 4 Posts