Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2013 SC Bronson in carbon and I did the usual protect the paint everywhere it rubs so the bike lasts longer. Anyways I was removing some of the 3M carbon fiber vinyl tape and it removed a good amount of paint off the frame. Is this normal for carbon to do? You guys think it can be warranted?

Thanks for any feedback SCBRONSONC.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even repaired, I can't protect the frame any longer otherwise anything else that goes on will have to be permanent or I risk removing the rest of the finish. I'll contact santa cruz and see what happens

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
They may send you some frame decals to cover it up and a replacement downtube guard. But who knows, some companies may not be really busy with warranties so you never know till you ask.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I don't think you can get a warranty replacement due to paint. The same thing happened with my On One Whippet. Just recover it and next time you want to take off the vinyl, make sure you heat it up first with a hairdryer to loosen up the adhesive.

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
Cover that area with more of that carbon vinyl, get on that bike and ride it. I understand it is new and it sucks the decal peeled but in time you will have many scratches and that spot will be the last thing from your mind. I feel there will be NO warranty for paint blemish.

·
I live to bike
2,397 Posts
Don't think that the paint peeling off after pulling tape off that you put on is a manufacturing defect. Frame isn't hurt, bike will see much worse actually riding. Just ride!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts