Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a carbon fork as I am about to convert my hardtail to all the time single speed. The 2 questions I have are, anyone over 205 lbs have experiences on the Bontrager Fork? Question 2, I have seen in the past, but am unable to now locate the manufacturer of the V-Brake Mounts that people are adding to their Carbon Forks.

Thanks for the help and I will post pics of the build once completed.

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
I have a Switchblade!

TN29'er said:
I am considering a carbon fork as I am about to convert my hardtail to all the time single speed. The 2 questions I have are, anyone over 205 lbs have experiences on the Bontrager Fork? Question 2, I have seen in the past, but am unable to now locate the manufacturer of the V-Brake Mounts that people are adding to their Carbon Forks.

Thanks for the help and I will post pics of the build once completed.
I have a Switchblade and it is a mighty fine fork. I outweigh you by qiute a bit, so no worries there. Bontrager has no weight limit on the fork, by the way.

As for the canti mount thingies, they are manufactured by Pace, I believe and are specifically not recommended for use on a Switchblade fork.

If it's canti mounts and carbon that trip your trigger, wait for te soon to be released Origin 8 fork or look for a "Fetish" branded fork. They are both the same. Examples are pictured in threads on this board, just do a search.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
i think pace makes the v-brake adapters you are looking for.
i am 195 and have used a pace fork and had no problems. i was skeptical at first, but the pace convinced of itself. only issue i ever had was being scared of crashing the pace fork into the rocks and damaging the carbon fiber

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.