Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rocking on a Rocky
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a frame swap from my Farley 7 for a Carbon Farley or Norco Ithaqua. The two frames are pretty close in specs with the Ithaqua having a smaller BB drop might be better with my summer tires 4.0 JJs. Farley is 27.5 pounds now hoping to get it in under 26.

I've read a lot on here about the Farley looking for feed back on the Ithaqua frame having only seen one once in person.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Looking at the same thing as you. I have a Farley 5 and want to swap to a carbon, but I am afraid my 27.5 x 4.5 tires and carbon wheels wont fit in the Ithaqua.

There is also the Salsa beargrease that is interesting (on sale now at my lbs), but again, the larger wheels wont fit.

·
Rocking on a Rocky
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking at the same thing as you. I have a Farley 5 and want to swap to a carbon, but I am afraid my 27.5 x 4.5 tires and carbon wheels wont fit in the Ithaqua.

There is also the Salsa beargrease that is interesting (on sale now at my lbs), but again, the larger wheels wont fit.
EXCELLENT TRACTION AND FLOATATION
Compatible with 26" x 5.0" or 27.5" x 4.0" tires, the Ithaqua delivers all of the incredible traction and floatation that fat bikes are known for and more.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I picked up a Norco Ithaqua SL this Winter and very happy with it, built it up with Hope hubs and MOBD rims, weight is around 25/26 lbs with the carbon fork. As you mentioned it's a similar geo to the Trek although I think the Farley can handle larger tires.
I wasn't able to find many reviews on it but I have no regrets so far, it's definitely more lively on the trail than the '14 Mukluk, I'm impressed with how well it climbs.
You may have already found it but if not check out Fatbike Republic , he had several video reviews on the Norco Ithaqua 2S.

·
Rocking on a Rocky
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I picked up a Norco Ithaqua SL this Winter and very happy with it, built it up with Hope hubs and MOBD rims, weight is around 25/26 lbs with the carbon fork. As you mentioned it's a similar geo to the Trek although I think the Farley can handle larger tires.
I wasn't able to find many reviews on it but I have no regrets so far, it's definitely more lively on the trail than the '14 Mukluk, I'm impressed with how well it climbs.
You may have already found it but if not check out Fatbike Republic , he had several video reviews on the Norco Ithaqua 2S.
Still thinking about it for now. We are talking about doing some bike packing and my Aluminum Farley has rack mounts.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I havent made a move either. The 9.6 farley carbon that I was looking at (on sale) was sold a few days before I made my mind to buy it. I am not ready to pay full price for it, I guess I will keep my alum for now, still enjoying it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.