Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My LBS got three '06 Carbon Epic's in yesterday, and you guess it, had to go see them right away ! The XL, my size of course, weighed in at 24.95 lbs ! What a sexy machine.

Are these things worth the $ ! I ride the '05 S-works that I planned on racing for two seasons. Is there that big of a performance difference that a weekend warrior racer is going to notice ? Dreamed about the bike all night.

·
K n e e m o i
506 Posts
2HEAVY said:
My LBS got three '06 Carbon Epic's in yesterday, and you guess it, had to go see them right away ! The XL, my size of course, weighed in at 24.95 lbs ! What a sexy machine.

Are these things worth the $ ! I ride the '05 S-works that I planned on racing for two seasons. Is there that big of a performance difference that a weekend warrior racer is going to notice ? Dreamed about the bike all night.
If you got the dough, go for it. However, it seems like a waste of money for you, considering that you already got the 05 S-Works. I take it that you're one of those "I gotta have the best of the best." type?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Daffunda said:
If you got the dough, go for it. However, it seems like a waste of money for you, considering that you already got the 05 S-Works. I take it that you're one of those "I gotta have the best of the best." type?
No just a slave to new technology and willing to sell my left kindney !

·
Registered
134 Posts
I say go for it if you like the test ride and your kids won't go with out Christmas presents because of it.

You've been good this year, right? You deserve it. And just think how much confidence and motivation it will give you for racing this year. And the fear it will strike in the heart of your competition. "Oh great, the guy with the carbon bike, it's not fair ... no wonder he wins all the time!"

Then be sure to report back and give us a bike update! :)

·
K n e e m o i
506 Posts
walkman said:
I say go for it if you like the test ride and your kids won't go with out Christmas presents because of it.

You've been good this year, right? You deserve it. And just think how much confidence and motivation it will give you for racing this year. And the fear it will strike in the heart of your competition. "Oh great, the guy with the carbon bike, it's not fair ... no wonder he wins all the time!"

Then be sure to report back and give us a bike update! :)
I totally agree. I think it is something you should buy given that you're not going to sacrifice anything else that is important.

They did a TV show in Japan where they investigated the answer to the question, "Are all of the people driving expensive exotic cars actually rich?" Answer was NO.

There was a guy with a new Ferrari F355. He works at two gas stations and restaurant washing dishes 6 days a week. He is on a super long bank loan, that he was able to take out since he had no bad credit. He only drives his Ferrari once a month since gas in Japan is over $4/gallon. He lives in a small beat up apartment, with no bath, (so you go to public bath) only eating cup noodles, and sometimes leftovers from the restaurant. When he won't drive, he sits by the window, daydreaming and looking at his bright red Ferrari. If I had to live like that, I'd sell the frickin car and live normally.

To get back on track, the point is, I don't think it is something you should get if is going to cost you an arm and a leg. (I am not judging anyone's monitary status) But I guess some people would do anything to get what they want.

For me, if I am going to be paying 7k for a mountain bike, I'd spend it on a crotch rocket. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts