Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much weight difference is there really between a Carbon Rush and AL Rush frame? I've been reading several reviews and getting varying reports, some saying 200 g and others saying as much as 300 g. Is part of the weight difference due to the Carbon SL Lefty?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cannondale4Life said:
I remember hearing that the difference was about 330 grams (.7 lbs.) but I could be wrong.
Darn. If this is true then it will be a real pain trying to make my AL Rush lighter than the Carbon Team. Maybe lighter than the 1 or 2 is still possible, though.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
I too read between 200 and 300... could depend of the size of the frame. And those weight differences are for the frame only, not counting the weight difference between the Lefty Speed Carbon DLR2 and Speed SL... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. Now, I've heard a couple references to a "featherweight class" of bikes and I was wondering how light does a bike need to be to be considered featherweight?

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
bike_freak said:
For a dually - id say feather light would be below 23lbs - at that weight you have no more excuses not to be the fastest:)
Yes you do, if you ride too light parts that break, ridiculously light tires that don't grip enough to be worthy mountain bike tires or get flats on every rock you hit.

I rode with a guy who had a 22lbs Scalpel once and we were always waiting for him on our big All-Mountain bikes, uphill and downhill. Two flats with his Stan's converted DIY tubeless were good excuse to make him feel it was not him that was slow, he had mechanicals! :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.