Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being 191 cm (6' 2") tall, I should probably be on a 29" bike but I want a high end carbon frame (ie. high stiffness to weight ratio) for XC racing. Can anyone give me a list of companies that offer something like this or is it non-existent?

I've always thought Fisher has the best geometry - when will they be offering carbon frames?

Also, doesn't the shorter head tube on a 29" frame combined with a longer fork and bigger diameter wheel offer less steering stiffness compared to a 26" equivalent?

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
eurorider said:
Being 191 cm (6' 2") tall, I should probably be on a 29" bike but I want a high end carbon frame (ie. high stiffness to weight ratio) for XC racing. Can anyone give me a list of companies that offer something like this or is it non-existent?

I've always thought Fisher has the best geometry - when will they be offering carbon frames?

Also, doesn't the shorter head tube on a 29" frame combined with a longer fork and bigger diameter wheel offer less steering stiffness compared to a 26" equivalent?
We're working on a carbon/alloy bonded number.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Law said:
lugged? like the old school Treks? Or just a carbon rear like some many road bikes?

Welded alloy lugs. Carbon top/down/seat tube. Alloy rear.

We're just playing around for now. Our builders have the technology, our rear triangle works. Just looking at another way to join the dots up in the main triangle, and interested to see the difference in ride between this and the new Scandal frame.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Welded alloy lugs. Carbon top/down/seat tube. Alloy rear.

We're just playing around for now. Our builders have the technology, our rear triangle works. Just looking at another way to join the dots up in the main triangle, and interested to see the difference in ride between this and the new Scandal frame.

I tell you lot far too much on here you know...

·
Registered
459 Posts
frame only

Im also looking for just a frame. 29er carbon HT. Could some one tell me if GF just sell the frame only in the superfly.:confused:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Eventually they will offer a frame set option ( frame, fork, post clamp, headset) but that wont happen for a while. Superflys are back ordered till 6-16-08 currently.

·
Registered
459 Posts
bigfish

thanks, I guess I will have to wait. GF is the one I want but this will give me time to do some horse traiding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts