Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there as the title stated i totalled my car.I work out often 4or5 times a week but i was just about to add biking as a hobby but now it looks like its going to be a lil more than a hobby.out of the garage i pulled out a schwinn mesa gs and straight to the bike shop for a tune.Any advice is apreciated is this a good bike?It was given to me? thank you and also this is a great site
:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a lil tall if that makes sense but tolerable.Not heavy im gonna take the pedle strap things off

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
team631 said:
Its a lil tall if that makes sense but tolerable.Not heavy im gonna take the pedle strap things off
a decent basic mountain bike. So, you're going to use it for commuting now?
if you're riding mostly on pavement, you may want to consider putting some slick or semi-slick tires on it for less rolling resistance... or at least keep the tires pumped up near maximum pressure for the road.
You also will want at least a helmet and some decent cycling shorts to ride in.

·
Life is Good
1,494 Posts
team631 said:
Good plan with those pedal straps :thumbsup:

·
A Real Winner.
863 Posts
Any bike is a good bike :0 Just start riding, and once you get into it, you will figure out what you are looking for in a bike, start reading the bike magazines, start dreaming about bikes, and the next thing you know, you'll own 7 bikes!

Just make sure there's air in the tires, and your seat is comfortable. Do those two things, and you will enjoy biking a lot!

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Just a little clarification...

sonyisdope said:
Any bike is a good bike :0 Just start riding, and once you get into it, you will figure out what you are looking for in a bike, start reading the bike magazines, start dreaming about bikes, and the next thing you know, you'll own 7 bikes!

Just make sure there's air in the tires, and your seat is comfortable. Do those two things, and you will enjoy biking a lot!
any bike is good as long as it fits and is safe. Doesn't mean much if your saddle is comfortable but you're too stretched out or you slide of the saddle and crush your party favors. Not much fun if you go to stop and the brakes don't work either. A bit more to look at if you're going to enjoy it with little or no worries.

·
icanseeformiles(andmiles)
241 Posts
logbiter said:
a decent basic mountain bike. So, you're going to use it for commuting now?
if you're riding mostly on pavement, you may want to consider putting some slick or semi-slick tires on it for less rolling resistance... or at least keep the tires pumped up near maximum pressure for the road.
You also will want at least a helmet and some decent cycling shorts to ride in.
My emphasis.

Definitely something to consider. I use my mb for single track and commuting. Just got back from lunch, and off road tires really slow you down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts