Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why can't automobile drivers be more like cyclists and stop to help, or at least stop and ask if someone needs help, a "fellow" automotive commuter? I have always felt a bond between strangers driving along the same trails, er, I mean roads, because of all that we have in common. I was under the impression that each and every driver would at the very least slow down and ask if I had everything, or if everything was okay without my having to stop someone and ask for assistance. Imagine that, everyone treating me like an adult and leaving me the fk alone unless I go out of MY way and ask for help.

Yes, I am mocking that post from a few days ago. Before you guys go all kymbaya on me, I've given tubes away in the double digits and helped tens of people, but only after they've asked for help. That is all.

G

·
RogerDoger said:
Why can't automobile drivers be more like cyclists and stop to help, or at least stop and ask if someone needs help, a "fellow" automotive commuter? I have always felt a bond between strangers driving along the same trails, er, I mean roads, because of all that we have in common. I was under the impression that each and every driver would at the very least slow down and ask if I had everything, or if everything was okay without my having to stop someone and ask for assistance. Imagine that, everyone treating me like an adult and leaving me the fk alone unless I go out of MY way and ask for help.

Yes, I am mocking that post from a few days ago. Before you guys go all kymbaya on me, I've given tubes away in the double digits and helped tens of people, but only after they've asked for help. That is all.
I couldn't agree more. On my drive in almost none of the oncoming traffic waves to me either.

·
AKA shitbird
2,342 Posts
If you were on the shoulder of freeway you might have gotten someone to stop but stopping in the middle lane is pretty dangerous. Why not pull over to side of freeway? You're not really able to change a flat from the middle lane anyway (and do it safely).

·
Elitest thrill junkie
36,050 Posts
Were you wearing spandex?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
eabos said:
If you were on the shoulder of freeway you might have gotten someone to stop but stopping in the middle lane is pretty dangerous. Why not pull over to side of freeway? You're not really able to change a flat from the middle lane anyway (and do it safely).
Yo Sheriff, I thought you were going out for a ride. Work for ya on tuesday :thumbsup: .

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
People that get flats are stupid. They obviously didn't inspect their tires before the trip (which I do every time) or they weren't paying attention to the nails on the street. When I see them I'll slow down, but only to say something like, go fuc yourself! or, get fuced, you idiot!

·
AKA shitbird
2,342 Posts
helimech said:
Yo Sheriff, I thought you were going out for a ride. Work for ya on tuesday :thumbsup: .
Sherrif, haha. Riding at 3:30 with Andy. I was gonna go for anoter ride first but got sidetracked.

Tuesday? I'm in, just let me know the time. Hairball ride afterwards?

·
AKA shitbird
2,342 Posts
tmarkos said:
People that get flats are stupid. They obviously didn't inspect their tires before the trip (which I do every time) or they weren't paying attention to the nails on the street. When I see them I'll slow down, but only to say something like, go fuc yourself! or, get fuced, you idiot!

Oooh, comment is testing karma dude. Sometimes sheeit just happens....

G

·
tmarkos said:
No, it's your obligation as a fellow automobile driver to give them your spare tire and supply all tools required. duh.

·
Registered
410 Posts
What kinda moron stops in the middle of a freeway? Cars drive on flat tires just fine, I see it on COPS all the time . Why endanger more lives by stopping to help?

I'm calling troll.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts