Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're headed down around April 20 and I'm looking for some more recent info on riding near Boulder and Capital Reef, the only threads found were 8 years old... Tantalus Flats trail into Capital Reef to connect with Scenic Drive sounds ok, I have someone to shuttle me to trailhead, then camping in Park. Boulder Mt. sounds ok too, but I'm not really interested in high elevation. The Cathedral Valley ride isn't an option, just looking for some half day rides. Maybe somewhere off the Burr Trail? I am an expert. And in great shape, ha ha!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Off of Hole in the Rock Road south of Escalante.

About 12 miles south of Highway 12 junction on Hole on the Rock Road is Left Hand Collet Canyon Road on West Side. A few years ago we rode the jeep road up the Left Hand of Collet Canyon road up to Collet Top. When you get to Collet Top there are options for more dirt road riding. Starts out in the tumbleweeds but there is good scenery and primitive road the farther you progress up Left Hand Collet Canyon road.

Off the Burr Trail

The Wolverine is also another dirt road you can make a big loop or go as far out and back as you want.

If there ever was a place that needed some good single track bike trails, it is the Escalante and Boulder areas. Lots of hiking areas though.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Cool scenery-Alpine +Canyon Country.
Easy route finding.
Loose jeep road, rock, sand, streams.
It can be shuttled or done as a long out and back.
For the out and back, start at the bottom.
Out and back took most of the day.
You'll likely want to look at the scenery and explore a bit.
It seemed/felt like an unheard of ride and area 15+ years ago-only time I've done it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, thanks! We're staying in Capital Reef Sunday night, so starting from park/bottom sounds good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts