Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just don't have the time to drive all the way down to the Cape. Can anyone report on Wompatuck? How about Pine Hills in Plymouth?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I rode Freetown yesterday and had a good time. I parked at Copicut/High St. , and did an 8 mile loop down to the resoirvoir. A nice mix of road, dirtbike trails, walking trails, and powerlines.

·
Registered
143 Posts
They don't call it Swampatuck for nothing. Totally rideable but best if left alone for a while so things have a chance to drain off.

·
Registered
834 Posts
connolm said:
I just don't have the time to drive all the way down to the Cape. Can anyone report on Wompatuck? How about Pine Hills in Plymouth?
i know this info is a little late but pinehills is perfect. just as good as any time during the summer. no snow, no mud, some downed branches here and there that ya gotta pick up but that is about it. i have picked up a bunch of them but it seems as though with the winds lately alot is falling.

·
I'm good at crashing
61 Posts
As of Sunday Wompy is clear...but there are some very wet spots...mostly where you would expect them to be...most of the higher ground was fine though...firm and dry. Alot of trees down which adds to the excitement factor...I would avoid the real wet spots but the jump line and the drops were all nice,firm and dry and clear of debris. Most of the rivers and brooks are running over their banks so any of those trails should be avoided...but there are plenty of dry trails to be ridden and plenty of features available.

·
Registered
145 Posts
rode wamp on tuesday it was clear and dry for the most part but a lot of downed trees I was doing more trail maintnence that riding lol

·
Registered
919 Posts
Spastook said:
They don't call it Swampatuck for nothing. Totally rideable but best if left alone for a while so things have a chance to drain off.
Um, I've ridden 3 times in the last three days, and found Wompatuck to be fairly dry and fast, all things considered. Sure, there are a couple muddy spots, but what's the fun of being in the woods without getting a little dirty?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I made it to Pine Hills today and it was wonderful. It's about a 70 minute drive from Salem, Ma on a Sunday morning. No snow and perfectly dry.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was in Wompatuck for 3 hours Sunday. A few wet spots but 99% dry. Cold temps forcast for this entire first week of Spring so I'd guess things should remain very good thru the week. Once things warm up a bit I'd stay away and give things a chance to dry up however.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Wompy was awesome yesterday. The berms on Pine Run are all rebuilt - sweet!

If anyone found a Pearl Izumi toe warmer, maybe on Techno, give me a shout.

·
Registered
919 Posts
dirtyjack said:
Wompy was awesome yesterday. The berms on Pine Run are all rebuilt - sweet!
Yeah, agreed. Thank you to whomever did all this work. I was shocked. Any word on a group/seasonal clean-up? Post dates and time if you hear anything.

·
Registered
997 Posts
SurfSailRide said:
Yeah, agreed. Thank you to whomever did all this work. I was shocked. Any word on a group/seasonal clean-up? Post dates and time if you hear anything.
There was some informal work done yesterday and last Sunday. I'll certainly repost the next NEMBA-sponsored cleanup.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I believe there is a cleanup tentatively scheduled for April 16 or 17. Check the NEMBA website as the day gets closer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I rode Pine Hills 3 times in the past week. Conditions are great and the trails are getting there. Spent half the time I was out there doing maintenance haha.

·
I crash, therefore I am
32 Posts
How is Pine Hills? I've heard about those trails a few times but have never been there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Going to check out the Pinehills on Saturday for the first time this season :) I live 5 minutes down the street.... The Pinehills are 90% single track, rocky, technical & tight, but very fun!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts