Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Canyon's sizing tool seems to have some issues and tends to suggest a smaller size than necessary. For instance, I'm 6'5 (195cm) with an average inseam for my height and it was recommended that I get a large instead of an extra large. If I wouldn't fit an extra large, who are they making it for?

Anyway, I bought a Spectral 29 in XL and it fits me well. Just make sure the stand-over height is good for you and you should be fine on a medium.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Canyon's sizing tool seems to have some issues and tends to suggest a smaller size than necessary. For instance, I'm 6'5 (195cm) with an average inseam for my height and it was recommended that I get a large instead of an extra large. If I wouldn't fit an extra large, who are they making it for?

Anyway, I bought a Spectral 29 in XL and it fits me well. Just make sure the stand-over height is good for you and you should be fine on a medium.
Yeah, doesn't seems to make any sense. I'll go with that, thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm 175cm on Canyon website shows I'm on size S for the strive, but it has a reach of 430ish and wheelbase of 1170+-,
It seems rather too small for me.

Is it accurate?
Nope. You need a M. Buddy around your height have ridden a M for years. S would have been crazy small.
He rode my L as well without problems downhill, but the seated position is pretty stretched out compared to the standard geo today. I'm 190 and the L is borderline long while seated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.