Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I hope the delay is because they are moving to 1x12 Shimano. From what I've read, it is the only way to go.
"All the new 12-speed cassettes have Hyperglide Plus, Shimano's next level of shifting performance, and it's amazing. Like, unimaginably good. The harder you're pedaling the better it wants to shift. It's ridiculous." "Once you realize how much your shifting changes, being able to shift under full power, you will never go (SRAM) back!"

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't particularly care about Shimano vs sram. Shifting works fine for me although most of my roadie group swear by electric shifting.

I just want a fun bike. Sell me the Dude trail, canyon!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I not a Shimano or Sram fanboy. My Current mt bike is Sram and Road bike is Shimano. I go with whats best at the time I'm buying a new bike. I bike in the Kettles of WI so constant ups and downs. The ability to shift on climbs that kick up halfway through under full power is a game changer.

Some good quotes from this article,
https://www.bikemag.com/gear/components/shimano-mic-drops-sram-with-2-new-12-speed-groups/

"After swinging and missing with some wack and delayed rebuttals, Shimano finally ratcheted up, came onstage and absolutely murdered the scene with MC FREEZA and that HG Plus game before dropping the mic and walking back offstage-leaving SRAM stumbling on its acronyms."

"Have you shifted Di2? Smooth right? Accurate as hell, yeah? Well, Di2 has nothing on Hyperglide Plus."

·
Registered
22 Posts
2020 Spectrals just released, not much changed other than colour updates and updated components.

Biggest change is price, its gone up by $500 AUD! how is it possible with such minor updates not even upgrades.

Quite disappointing really

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks like the 2020 dudes are up. The US canyon site still lists just a 2018 dude ultimate, but if you look at their en-ae or other sites, you'll see a 'new' moniker on the dude.

https://www.canyon.com/en-ae/mounta..._rahmenfarbe=BK&dwvar_2464_pv_rahmengroesse=S

I can't tell any differences except the price is up about $500 on each model.

Is it common for canyon to increase prices so much at the beginning of the year?

·
Registered
60 Posts
In $AUD some models like the CF9.0 they've gone up by $1000! Sure it gets a Pike Ultimate which is cool, but that's only about a $300 increase in spec, the rest can't be accounted for. Add in the fact they won't allow any customisation (even when its a desired downgrade, I don't want garbage SRAM brakes or dropper posts), and they've lost extra appeal for me this year.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2020 Exceeds and Lux are on the page, just had quick look and I'm quite disappointed. They've bumped up prices and lower them components. Way to go Canyon.

·
Registered
898 Posts
2020 Exceeds and Lux are on the page, just had quick look and I'm quite disappointed. They've bumped up prices and lower them components. Way to go Canyon.
I hope I won't need to change my bike real soon, and my current Lux will last for another few years, but yeah I went to check 2020 Lux and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be buying one if I would be shopping for new bike.
Only one that looks attractive is SLX 9.0 Team, but I don't really need XTR or carbon rims, and 6500eur is just too much for my taste. As I hate Sram only other to consider would be SL 7.0, but with whole bunch of upgrades needed and it's already 3300eur.
For this, I'm pretty sure I would be searching for new bike elsewhere if I would be shopping right now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
In $AUD some models like the CF9.0 they've gone up by $1000! Sure it gets a Pike Ultimate which is cool, but that's only about a $300 increase in spec, the rest can't be accounted for. Add in the fact they won't allow any customisation (even when its a desired downgrade, I don't want garbage SRAM brakes or dropper posts), and they've lost extra appeal for me this year.
That's why I've been camping out for the last few weeks in outlet section waiting for a cf7, coz there was no way I was paying that much more for such little difference.

Ended up scoring the last CF7 in the outlet store which was over $1000 less than what the 2020 model goes for.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.