Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
resident crackpot
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two forks involved in current projects, one is a '96 RockShox Judy XC (Bontrager crown), the other is a '97 Manitou FS Ti. Both forks have a linear-pull styled brake arch...in that neither has the cast-in brake housing stop. I know that both manufacturers made/sold a small trinket that screws into a pre-drilled/tapped hole in the top, center of the arch that allowed one the freedom to use cantilever brakes if one so chose. Well, I am wanting to use some canti brakes, along with both of these forks...long story short, does anyone here have any idea where I would find one or both of these little hen's teeth??

·
horn doggie
847 Posts
I had the same question. I understand that BTI (or other supplier vis a vis LBS) still market products from "Problem Solvers", or some such name, that include a brake cable stop for RS and other forks with holes in the arch.

·
resident crackpot
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
scooderdude said:
I had the same question. I understand that BTI (or other supplier vis a vis LBS) still market products from "Problem Solvers", or some such name, that include a brake cable stop for RS and other forks with holes in the arch.
I guess I'll try one of the LBS and see what they can look up. I tried to manufacture one, but it didn't turn out...I measured how far for it to stick out, but overlooked how tall to make it. Did not work. I know I can just buy a Judy arch with the hanger, but it seems that no one wants to sell them...along with the two mounting screws for the hanger...

G

·
shiggy said:
Be careful. Some of those forks have a hole in the arch for a reflector bracket but it is not recommended to bolt a cable hanger to it.
at least here in Europe RST offers 3 slightly different bolt-on cable hangers for their forks. they can be modified if needed to fit them to other brake arches. but indeed, check with the fork manufacturer first if the arches are suited for such an add-on.

Carsten

·
resident crackpot
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shiggy said:
Be careful. Some of those forks have a hole in the arch for a reflector bracket but it is not recommended to bolt a cable hanger to it.
Duly noted Shig...I realized that after I did some additional looking and found pics that show the cantilever arch with the same holes. Now will just look for a different arch, in the cantilever flavor. Thanks for the redirection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.