Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Ditto the Eagle Claws

Another very worthy pad was the Ritchey Severe Conditions pad with the wedge shape in red. I still horde those when they come in on old bikes at the shop I work at. People almost never use their front brakes. ;) I keep 'em when they ask for new pads to be put on. Shop rat bike booty!

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
the Ultimate in stopping power are the Windwood brake pads, but they are also the ultimate test for pacience and mecanical skill, since they squill like a Pig if you don't set them "Just Right"

also a great secret is to use a "Brake booster" My Favorite are the DKG brand (The maker of the Salsa quick releases) but i have no idea were to find them today

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,919 Posts
I much prefer Mathauser Superbrakes to Winwoods for both power and squeal factor.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
DeeEight said:
I much prefer Mathauser Superbrakes to Winwoods for both power and squeal factor.
well you are right the work really well too,plus they are so so pretty, but i think is better to wear out the brake pads than Wear out the rims,,, again maybe is just me but as much as i enjoy building wheels, i preffer to just ride them and not be replacing rims all the time..

actually i still have a few set of windwoods that i never got to wear out,, they last ans last and they also work really well in the wet.. .

·
Ex-Clydesdale
600 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
I second DKG.

They look really nice and instead of a slot for the canti bolt, it uses a sized adjustable puck which prevents any possibility of slippage.

I also like the WTB bridge but I don't think its useable for non-WTB brakes...not sure.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ditto on the Kool Stops. I use the greens on ceramic rims.

Also like the WTB Dual compounds. Gripmaster I think. Great stuff!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts