Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed on a friends Anthem last weekend that there is very little or no clearance/space at all on the frame to mount/use a water bottle. side entry water bottle cage maybe? its just something that might bother some especially those who prefer having an open back(no hydra pack) on rides and can survive on a single water bottle every ride.

considering as well that its a race designed frame and most racers just use water bottles

BTW he is using a medium sized frame.wonder if the bigger sized ones will have more clearance

im having seconds thoughts now on getting one (Anthem) just because of this minor :rolleyes: issue. though there are side entry water bottle cages :thumbsup:
:)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Captain said:
I have a medium with a carbon cage that holds a 750ml bottle in the main frame with no dramas. It is not a side entry.
aye aye cap'n! :thumbsup:

BTW what type of bottle cage do you use?

This looks really nice and not that pricey (around $18 ) :

*carbon water bottle cage by Giant

·
Registered
194 Posts
I can't even remember the brand now (has no labelling) but it is very similar in design to that one you just posted. A company called ameoba parts make a nice light "scud" side entry one too that holds the bottle over any terrain but I had already bought mine. That Giant should work nicely for you.

·
Get your freak on!
2,696 Posts
The bigger frames do have more clearance - with that being said, seeing as I like the fit of the Small giant bicycles it means that I cannot carry a full sized bottle on the Anthem and this is why I don't ride one:(!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
xctofi said:
aye aye cap'n! :thumbsup:

BTW what type of bottle cage do you use?

This looks really nice and not that pricey (around $18 ) :

*carbon water bottle cage by Giant
That is a road cage.............I have a medium Anthem and have no problems with a 500ml bottle, that is my race size bottle. It would be possible to run a 750ml but would be a little tricker to not rub off your paint.

·
Registered
74 Posts
with my medium 07 anthem there is just enough room for a medium sized bottle. As a side note I originally got a carbon giant bottle cage and the bottle would rub on the shock. Went to a ciussi and life is good. :thumbsup: there is also a mount under the downtube, but that seems stupid to me

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
AnthemRacer said:
with my medium 07 anthem there is just enough room for a medium sized bottle. As a side note I originally got a carbon giant bottle cage and the bottle would rub on the shock. Went to a ciussi and life is good. :thumbsup: there is also a mount under the downtube, but that seems stupid to me
Noticed how close it (or any water bottle cage will be) was too to the rear shocks. Im thinking as well that th asian market Anthem frames might have a different geometry than the US frames.i will have to make a more detailed comparison one of these days.

I dont see any use for the mounts on the downtube either :thumbsup:

sashax said:
Yeah, I have a small, and I can't fit a bottle. Haven't tried the side-entry holder, that's next.
it might be impossible for the small to fit one. Afriend of mine tried this

did not work

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guess what, I was informed by a reliable source (Local Distributor to be exact) That there is really a known issue RE usage of water bottle/cage on initial released Anthem frames . Giant is aware and made / will be making adjustments just like releasing the water bottle pic'd above etc.

its really tough for a race frame to not have space for a water bottle.or even just for a regular short trail ride use.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well I just got my 07 anthem0 in a medium size and I barely have enough space to get my water bottle out with the carbon cage I put on, it's a bit of a problem especially when i'm going to be in a race situation, so I'll have to find another cage that suits this frame better, anyways it's a minor problem, the bike looks awesome!!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Try some different bottle cages...

Different brands of bottle cages hold the bottle at different heights. For my bikes I choose the ones that will hold the bottles the lowest so I get the lowest center of gravity. Luckily I ride a 22" Anthem and have tons of room. I'm even considering using some rivnuts and putting a bottle cage on my seat tube!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.