Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a fox x2 performance on my bike. So only LSR, LSC. I've had it around 6 months and overall it has been a big improvement over the stock dps that was on my bike. But one thing is i just cant get it feeling "perfect" It either feels so sloppy and slow or to firm and unsupportive. its very "unpoppy" but i cant used to that but I'm looking for it to be more active? faster and overall firmer but not in a harsh way. I just cant seem to get that though. I know how a good one feels as i rode a test bike with the x2, granted that was a performance elite so does the HSR, HSC really make that much of a difference? that felt freaking amazing.

its possibly because it came off another bike as well. It was originally on a banshee rune titan. Now its on my polygon siskui which probably has poor frame design contributing to the sloppyness

Any ideas?

· Underskilled
4,940 Posts
I'd investigate different tunes.
Getting the balance between lsc/hsc is critical.

I know very little about the basic model so don't know what options are possible.

· Registered
8,461 Posts
90% of time people are running their suspension too soft. If I was to make a blind recommendation it would be to increase your air pressure adjust your rebound appropriately and see if that makes it feel better.

· Registered
1,329 Posts
I never could get mine to work right for me. Guess I just lost patience with it. I'm sure I could eventually have gotten it dialed. Ended up selling and putting on a DVO Topaz and took me about 15 minutes to get it right. Dumb luck, I don't know but 2 years and counting and it rides great. Not bashing fox as I still run a 36 up front. Just wanted to throw another option out there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.