Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
"Oldfart from Wayback"
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the forecast calling for near 60F temps this past weekend I was looking forward to getting out for some hiking since the trails are still too snowy/muddy to ride.

Sat I was planning on Greyrock but the temp inversion kept me doubting if we'd ever make it to 40. Around noon I decided to drive up the canyon and found Greyrock TH full so I drove to Hewlett's. There were only 1/2 doz cars there, so I grabbed my pack and headed out.

It's the first time I've ever walked it vs biking and the first time I've been there on a weekend in many years. 90% of the lower trail was solid ice or hardpack snow, although there was one lone set of tire tracks. What I did notice was that even though there were only ~12 other hikers out, they all had multiple dogs. There must have have been 25-30 dogs running around. At least they were all relatively well behaved,

Sun., I hit up Greyrock with much lighter traffic.

15 mi in 2 days and ~ 3540' climbing.

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
Love that fourth pic! Hiking is real different from biking fo'sho'. Different muscles, way different pace. Give one time to stop and smell the lichen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts