Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I rode with a World Class Videoographer and each day he made up a new video of the ride with some great tunes. I was totally liking the videos that I asked him to show me how to do the editing. Since I am not the best compuer guy it was a slow process, but I was determined. I purchased the same AVS Video Editor 4 software he had and away I went with 15 giga bites of raw video he left for me to practice on.

My first video was 13 minutes long and it looked GREAT as far as I was concerned. After editing down the media he gave me I imported some music into the AVS Media Library that I downloaded into ITunes from a DVD I had. From the Media Library I dragged the Music onto the Audio Mix Line. When I played my project it sounded good, so I saved the project by clicking the SAVE MOVIE icon and the video was saved in my large external hard drive.

When I played the video off the external drive it looked, great but there was no music. When I downloaded it on You Tube there was also no music, but it did look cool so I just played music on my laptop and pretended like it was in the video.

Does anyone know of a tutorial or some idea as to how I can make the music work?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
 

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
Joined
·
6,171 Posts
render?

uh it's one thing to save the project but you have to render it (music and video tracks) out to a format of choice. When you play the resulting file the sound and picture should be present.

traildoc said:
Recently I rode with a World Class Videoographer and each day he made up a new video of the ride with some great tunes. I was totally liking the videos that I asked him to show me how to do the editing. Since I am not the best compuer guy it was a slow process, but I was determined. I purchased the same AVS Video Editor 4 software he had and away I went with 15 giga bites of raw video he left for me to practice on.

My first video was 13 minutes long and it looked GREAT as far as I was concerned. After editing down the media he gave me I imported some music into the AVS Media Library that I downloaded into ITunes from a DVD I had. From the Media Library I dragged the Music onto the Audio Mix Line. When I played my project it sounded good, so I saved the project by clicking the SAVE MOVIE icon and the video was saved in my large external hard drive.

When I played the video off the external drive it looked, great but there was no music. When I downloaded it on You Tube there was also no music, but it did look cool so I just played music on my laptop and pretended like it was in the video.

Does anyone know of a tutorial or some idea as to how I can make the music work?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ArmySlowRdr said:
uh it's one thing to save the project but you have to render it (music and video tracks) out to a format of choice. When you play the resulting file the sound and picture should be present.
What exactly is rendering? When I click the Save Movie Icon it goes to a number of questions before it actually does the save. Possibly I am not answering the questions properly, but I think I am clicking the questions according to what the WC Videoographer told me to do. I will take pictures and show the process.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
32 Posts
traildoc said:
What exactly is rendering? When I click the Save Movie Icon it goes to a number of questions before it actually does the save. Possibly I am not answering the questions properly, but I think I am clicking the questions according to what the WC Videoographer told me to do. I will take pictures and show the process.
Somewhere in the toolbar of your editor you will have a "render as" icon. Select this and make sure that the format and resulting finishing file size are within the limits of your hosting site. Don't use AVI, use WMV if you can. It is supported by most hosting sites.

What kind of questions are you getting when saving?

On another note, just got finished giving Mike the tour here in NM. When will I have a chance to reciprocate with you, TD;)

Enjoy...

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,704 Posts
I was going to mention this but forgot. I think it might have to do with the iTunes music format. iTunes has some weird software (its called DRM - digital rights management) so you can only play iTunes-downloaded music on your computer with a media player.

You can't combine iTunes-downloaded music with some other "thing" ie a movie or still shots in a slideshow etc. iTunes polices your use of the downloaded music so you can only do one thing with it. That's just my guess.

As for the fix - well you have to remove all the iTunes DRM codes embedded in your music or you have to find the same music with the DRM. I don't know how to do that as I've never used iTunes for the reason of the DRM being present
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
32 Posts
LeeL said:
I was going to mention this but forgot. I think it might have to do with the iTunes music format. iTunes has some weird software (its called DRM - digital rights management) so you can only play iTunes-downloaded music on your computer with a media player.

You can't combine iTunes-downloaded music with some other "thing" ie a movie or still shots in a slideshow etc. iTunes polices your use of the downloaded music so you can only do one thing with it. That's just my guess.

As for the fix - well you have to remove all the iTunes DRM codes embedded in your music or you have to find the same music with the DRM. I don't know how to do that as I've never used iTunes for the reason of the DRM being present
This makes more sense. Sounds like he was doing everything right as far as I can tell.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lee:

When I go to Save Movie then Click on File then on Next I get to the video parameters screen which has 4 choices AVI, MPEG, WMV & MOV. I think you told me to click MOV which changes the dropdown menu in AVI to switch to the 720 2400 comment with my first name in it.

When I did that the file saves to a Quick Time format(?) which isn't accepted by Vimeo only You Tube.

So if I click WMV the dropdown menu indicates: HD Video 720p:WMV9,700kbps:Audio:WMA Pro, 384bps

If I then press Next I get to the Create Movie screen and then press Create to make thefinal video. Since that video is rndered in WMV it is accepted by Vimeo.

Was I wrong to click on the MOV Icon?

TD
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,704 Posts
For some reason AVS4you saves the rendered movie with the suffix .QT.

Vimeo, for some inexplicable reason can't recognize .QT files's as being Identical to .MOV files.

So you have to rename .QT files .MOV.

First though you have to get stupid f*cking windows to show the file suffixes.

- Open a folder - any folder.
- On the Folder open the "Tools" pulldown tab - should be at top of folder
- Select "Folder Options".
- Select "View"
- Hit the check box for "Display the full path in the title bar".

HOPEFULLY you are viewing your Folders in "Classic" fashion. I don't know how to switch to "Classic" Fashion - you're on your own there.

Now go back to your video.

Right click the video. Select "Rename".

Replace the .QT part of the filename with .MOV.

Vimeo will now recognize the file.

The Germans who coded AVS4You are stupid for not naming the video file .MOV, Vimeo are idiots for not realizing that some German morons will name the video files .QT and Microsoft engineers should be shot for such crapware.

Hope this helps
-
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LeeL said:
For some reason AVS4you saves the rendered movie with the suffix .QT.

Vimeo, for some inexplicable reason can't recognize .QT files's as being Identical to .MOV files.

So you have to rename .QT files .MOV.

First though you have to get stupid f*cking windows to show the file suffixes.

- Open a folder - any folder.
- On the Folder open the "Tools" pulldown tab - should be at top of folder
- Select "Folder Options".
- Select "View"
- Hit the check box for "Display the full path in the title bar".

HOPEFULLY you are viewing your Folders in "Classic" fashion. I don't know how to switch to "Classic" Fashion - you're on your own there.

Now go back to your video.

Right click the video. Select "Rename".

Replace the .QT part of the filename with .MOV.

Vimeo will now recognize the file.

The Germans who coded AVS4You are stupid for not naming the video file .MOV, Vimeo are idiots for not realizing that some German morons will name the video files .QT and Microsoft engineers should be shot for such crapware.

Hope this helps
-
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just Woke-Up from a nap and read your post. I can't believe I went to sleep during the O'Reilly Factor. I think I am going back to sleep for a while before I tackle this. Are you saying that by clicking the MOV icon after fixing to a QT suffix I will get a better quality video than just using the WMV icon?

I am two hours into rendering the the Sketch to Lemonade to Old Ridge to Ridge ride it is about a 12 minute video. My neighbor Wes and I rode it no dabs so we have been celebrating.

Thanks Very Much-Hope the Pivot Firebird Demo Bike Works Out.

TD
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
traildoc said:
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just Woke-Up from a nap and read your post. I can't believe I went to sleep during the O'Reilly Factor. I think I am going back to sleep for a while before I tackle this. Are you saying that by clicking the MOV icon after fixing to a QT suffix I will get a better quality video than just using the WMV icon?

I am two hours into rendering the the Sketch to Lemonade to Old Ridge to Ridge ride it is about a 12 minute video. My neighbor Wes and I rode it no dabs so we have been celebrating.

Thanks Very Much-Hope the Pivot Firebird Demo Bike Works Out.

TD
YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did it or should I say MOV!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did it.

Here are the revised instructions:

For some reason AVS4you saves the rendered movie with the suffix .QT.

Vimeo, for some inexplicable reason can't recognize .QT files's as being Identical to .MOV files.

So you have to rename .QT files .MOV.

First though you have to get stupid f*cking windows to show the file suffixes.

- Open a folder - any folder.
- On the Folder open the "Tools" pulldown tab - should be at top of folder
- Select "Folder Options".
- Select "View"
- Hit the check box for "Display the full path in the title bar (Clssic Theme Only)"
- Uncheck the box for "Hide Extensions for Known File Types"

HOPEFULLY you are viewing your Folders in "Classic" fashion. I don't know how to switch to "Classic" Fashion - you're on your own there.

Now go back to your video.

Right click the video. Select "Rename".

Replace the .QT part of the filename with .MOV.

Vimeo will now recognize the file.

The Germans who coded AVS4You are stupid for not naming the video file .MOV, Vimeo are idiots for not realizing that some German morons will name the video files .QT and Microsoft engineers should be shot for such crapware.

Hope this helps
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
32 Posts
traildoc said:
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just Woke-Up from a nap and read your post. I can't believe I went to sleep during the O'Reilly Factor. I think I am going back to sleep for a while before I tackle this. Are you saying that by clicking the MOV icon after fixing to a QT suffix I will get a better quality video than just using the WMV icon?

I am two hours into rendering the the Sketch to Lemonade to Old Ridge to Ridge ride it is about a 12 minute video. My neighbor Wes and I rode it no dabs so we have been celebrating.

Thanks Very Much-Hope the Pivot Firebird Demo Bike Works Out.

TD
It will probably be better than WMV-9, however, WMV-11 is the latest version and it's very good.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top