Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of upgrading an old steel rigid Kona Lava Dome (94). I would like to put a modern fork on it. It currently has the Kona Project 2 rigid on it. This bike was also available with a suspension fork, the 63mm Marzocchi XC51. So the frame is setup for a short travel fork. Based on my various web searches it sounds like a good fork with 80mm of travel would be the '07 or '08 RS Tora 318 Solo Air. Of course, I have been unable to track one down. I have found plenty of coil versions or the newer models without the v-brake bosses. I have checked the usual places, eBay, Jenson, Cambria, Price Point, etc., with no luck. I do want the Solo Air over the coil version simply because I am a big guy, and would have to swap out the spring immediately. And I'm trying to keep the cost of all of this down. Anyone have any other suggestions of who may have this, or a quality alternative 80mm travel fork with v-brake bosses?
Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the spacer not included? Looking at the service manual on the RS website (for 2006), it looks like I will need a 50mm spacer above the air seal. Will I need to get that separately, as this a 100mm version?

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
dpriebe said:
Is the spacer not included? Looking at the service manual on the RS website (for 2006), it looks like I will need a 50mm spacer above the air seal. Will I need to get that separately, as this a 100mm version?
It should be included with the new fork in the owners manual packet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.