Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Fisher fat possum keeps making a click click noise, but only when i am spinning. If I am grinding it doesn't make the noise, but as soon as i get my cadence up it starts. I can't tell where the noise is. I already tried switching pedals.

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
BB bearings is a likely culprit if it's a fairly quiet click. If they're getting dry the ball has a bit of space to go over the top of the bearing and click into the next one. And another possibility is a loose chainring bolt.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Checked the chainring bolts already, I had that problem on my other bike. Its not that quiet, I can hear it over my headphones. Its a bontrager (truvative) external bearing sealed bb if that helps. The seatpost is carbon, so its not greased.

·
ride like you stole it
680 Posts
Have you tried tightening the bearing cups? Also is it happening in any particular part of the pedal stroke or is it random? Another thing I would suggest tightening the spindle on your crankset to see if that does something. Another thing you could try if the click is really bugging you is taking everything apart and cleaning and re greasing everything; the thought behind this is that there might be a little piece of dirt that worked its way into one of the bolts that is causing the click.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I had a click when pedaling. I chased down almost all these same issues. What I ended up finding was the main pivot. Mine had a aluminum washer/spacer between the 2 bearings. Bassicaly the pivot was a bit loose and there was no lube on the piviot. Cleaned,lubed and noise gone.

·
Just a flesh wound
2,373 Posts
Darn clicking!

I took out my BB cleaned it up and the shell and put it back together. No more clicking. A little sand or any stray piece of aluminum from manufacturing will distort the case of the BB and cause noise. Lube the shell on the frame and that helps as well.

Good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.