Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble finding good wheel options for my 2013 bike. I ride a Cannondale Lefty, so I only need the rear wheel. It seems as though technology has moved on - there are few options... I need:

Rear wheel
29"
135mm
Quick Release
10 speed (nonXD)

Prefer enclosed bearings, but will consider others. I want a good quality wheel / hub. I am a clydesdale (230 lbs) so it needs to be solid.

Has anyone seen any deals out there?

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
ebay or buy a wheel set through bicycle wheel warehouse.

The other option is a hope wheel through chain reaction cycles.

·
Formerly of Kent
12,231 Posts
Any DT Swiss star ratchet 142x12 hun can be easily converted to 135x10 or 135x5.

As can Hope, CK, and plenty of others.

If you pick up a DT Swiss wheel, PM me and I’ll mail you the end caps for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
I don't see the biggie here, so many options still available out there, as said all the major brands have them and lots of times you can pick them up for a good price on sale because everyone ants 148 :skep: Check CRC, they have/had a lot of 135/142 wheels on sale recently, not sure what stock they have left.

·
Registered
12,171 Posts
If you get any convertable that comes 142x12, there's a good chance someone will have an axle or endcaps to send you if you ask around.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. I hadn't realized that many of the 142 come with the conversion kit. I found this in silver for $280 (with discount code). Purple is $40 less but its too ugly. Good deal?

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/hope-tech-xc-pro-4-mtb-rear-wheel/rp-prod145805

Standard freehub
12x142
Welded and eyeleted 6065 T6 aluminium rim
Sapim spokes and brass nipples
Built using Pro 4 hubs
Machine built and hand finished in Barnoldswick
Hope Tech XC rim offers one of the stiffest XC rims available
Tubeless compatible (requires tape and valves)
Supplied with 135mm QR and 142x12 conversions
32 hole

1 - 8 of 8 Posts