Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MONKEYMAN
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi~
It's a type of headset that limits how much your front end can spin. I've been googling all morning and have gone to all the usual online parts sites. Tough to search for a thing you don't know the name for. limiter, restricter, arrester. . . I'm out of ideas for what this dang thing is called.

It's for my polo bike. Crashing often happens in the game and the front end spins around to the point it breaks my brake cable housing at the barrel adjuster all the time. It has also yanked the cable out of the cinch bolt on the brake itself. Gets Annoying.

It's a 1" threaded HS on a bridgestone XO-5. TIA

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
finger51 said:
Hi~
It's a type of headset that limits how much your front end can spin. I've been googling all morning and have gone to all the usual online parts sites. Tough to search for a thing you don't know the name for. limiter, restricter, arrester. . . I'm out of ideas for what this dang thing is called.

It's for my polo bike. Crashing often happens in the game and the front end spins around to the point it breaks my brake cable housing at the barrel adjuster all the time. It has also yanked the cable out of the cinch bolt on the brake itself. Gets Annoying.

It's a 1" threaded HS on a bridgestone XO-5. TIA
Just run a longer housing.

·
MONKEYMAN
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sanjuro said:
Just run a longer housing.
yeah, I considered that. I'm not too crazy for this option. There's lots of 'close combat' scenarios where I could see this being problematic. The less stuff for mallets,handlebars, arms and legs to get caught up on the better. We get rid of as much 'snag-stuff' on the bikes as possible- shifter-cables, front brake & lever etc.

The closest solution I could find was the gyro spring plate thingy, which again introduces an extra cable to get caught on. :prft:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.