Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Living Ghetto Fabulous!
3,749 Posts
I've always liked the Cove line and they have a cool image. Other than that, it boils down to customer support and availability. I remember wanting a Shocker really bad, but other than going to B.C. to get one, it was impossible to buy one here in the states. BTI was a distributer, but they were always out of the size I wanted.

I started to wonder if I had issues with the frame how hard it would be to get handled. Their website ran for a long time without updates, so I grew skeptical and gave up...

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
streetlightpoet said:
Why do Coves always do so poorly on ebay? They seem to get pretty good reviews on here, is it just that nobody's heard of them?
IDK, but I was happy to pick up a Stiffee FR for $200. Completely built.

Uncle Cliffy said:
I started to wonder if I had issues with the frame how hard it would be to get handled. Their website ran for a long time without updates, so I grew skeptical and gave up...
I bought a used Cove bike and it had some tire rub on the chainstay. I sent an email and followed up with a call a few days later, they actually answer the phone and did return the email shortly after that. They were happy to chat about my bike and stoke the fire. Very cool - I don't doubt they would stand behind the product.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have owned a G-spot since 02 and LOVE the hell out of it and Just bought a used 07 Shocker and so far LOVE the hell out of it to and have had no trouble with cusyomer service. I paid 3350 for the shocker complete and shipped with a new saddle,new grips, and a rebuilt Boxxer Team and 1 spare d-hanger

·
Registered
51 Posts
Why cheap on ebay?

1. it's a ten year old product
2. bikes like transitions, specialized, giants etc etc are WAY more popular
3. other cove products cannibalized the gspot

I got lucky and sold a gspot on nsmb.com If people want to buy a shore bike, they'll to do the shore site...That's my $0.02.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Brand Recognition by the general populace. That's all it boils down too.

Treks and Specs can go for a great resale value because alot of people getting into the sport know the name brands off the top of their head. Sadly most of these people also don't know the smaller companies like Cove, Sinister, etc....etc.... who have not gained mainstream attention.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.