Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade my setup. I currentle run some Rolf Dolomite wheels with Avid SD 2.0 brakes and XT intigrated Shifter/Levers. I have never had Disc brakes but purchased a set of XT/Mavic XC717 with XT centerlock rotors. I am looking to get some Avid BB7 calipers. But I am riding a light weight bike @24lb on a large frame. How much weight would I be saving by getting a new set of shifters and some light weight Hydros I am saving some weight running the intigrated shifters/levers aint I. Should I just get the avid calipers or sell the shifters get new shifters and new Hydros or should I just sell the Rolf wheel set, sell the XT/Mavic XC717 sell the rotors and buy a real light weight set of rim brake wheels and avid SD Ti brakes. I never had any problems with my cheapo Avid 2.0 brakes which I can't say for Shimano XT V brakes.What to do.

·
just along for the ride
3,033 Posts
If you want to stay light get the front XT 765 dics or BB7 front calipers, rear brakes are baggage so v's will do unless you do loads of steep tecnical/sloppy conditions than discs are the call. good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts