Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both bikes are 2008 and are the same price.

Looks like the same forks on each.
Some components are a little different but not much.

Which is better, more plush, what would you do?

·
Registered Jong
509 Posts
boogenman said:
Sunday.

The mongoose is probably a turd on the trail
I love it when people base perceptions hear say. PROBABLY? Don't post that ****. Especially when you hear it.

Anywho to answer the question I have ridden both and will probably order the ecd here in a couple months when it goes on sale.

If you have the money get the sunday. I would. If you don't get the ec-d. Sunday is a true sled and dh specific. The ec-d is more freeride capable. The ec-d is amazing and you should get it if you don't want to drop the extra GRAND!

·
Whatever
90 Posts
I Don't think you can go wrong either way, but I think the better ride and value is with the Mongoose, I've ridden them both.
I also got a sneak peek at the 09 Mongoose bikes and all I can say is WOW!
Suspension technology is moving fast and Mongoose is taking full advantage.
I will see if I'm allowed to post pics of the new bikes yet.

·
Registered
178 Posts
geolover said:
If it is your only bike, get the Mongoose. If it is for shuttling and lift access only get the Sunday.
I second this statement. Mongooses freedrive system is amazing and will make a heavy bike pedal like it's everybit 5+lbs less than what it acually is.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Ive ridden a sunday and I own an 08 ecd. They both have a very different feel on the trail, but I feel the ecd is a better fit for me and in my opinion a better bike.

The best thing you can do is go out and ride both of them.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Well the goose has a slightly better part spec and i have heard great things about them. Plus around here every other bike is a sunday so i have been seriously considering the ECD but i think im going to wait for the Boot'r

·
Registered
271 Posts
anyone knows where i can get the ecd frame online? i saw them at adrenaline bikes, but they not longer have the frame available.

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
These threads are always minimally useful.

Those two bikes are going to ride very differently. I was never fond of the Sunday, nor its DW Link designed suspension. I've always stuck by and liked single pivot designs, or just simple designs in general. The reasons to get a Sunday in this thread so far are pretty redundant: 1. Its more reputable? Why? Cause Sam Hill rides ones? Or are they reputable because the Linkage sucks and it comes loose on its own. 2. Looks. Function before fashion.

I'm not a huge fan of the Sunday. I really encourage the original poster of this thread to test ride a Sunday. Some people absolutely love them, some people don't. I'm not saying its a bad bike, its a good bike and they've made improvements to it, but you really need to make sure that you like the DW Link design and the geo the Sunday offers. Its a very fast bike.

The EC-D is a pretty solid rig too for the price. Both bikes are spec'ed pretty well for their price tags. It's all going to come down to which frame suspension design you like best and which geo you see fit.

·
Registered
251 Posts
just like everyone is telling you test the bikes out they are both great bikes i myself own a sunday and i love it. i also own a mongoose black diamond triple and i love it also everytime i go to resort parks i always debate on which one to take because they both ride very good...but for pedaling and freeriding in the local trails i take to goose. the sunday is dh only...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.