Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Both Are Great Bikes

If you like out of the saddle hammering maybe the BLT because of the VPP thing. (Of course if you climb out of the saddle you don't know how to ride a dual suspension bike [yea right pant load !]) I tried both and I liked the motion control of the BLT better for my picky riding style.
That said, staple platform shocks were designed to deal with Horst, Strut, etc. deficiencies.
I can vouch for the blur if you have a very controllable front fork of stable platform or with lockable remote(where most of you motion issues will come from out of the saddle on ethier bike.) If you take care of the pivots they aren't really a problem on the BLT. (Fancier leverage ratios going on requires some babying, like don't spray with water !) Also, BLT made in US.
Also, according to MB Action that "weird feeling stall in the pedals" when grannying up a climb no longer exist in the BLT. If you aren't really picky about unwanted motion pedaling issues and aren't going to compairison ride, then I guess pick lighter. But, really if you don't think you have enough experience with testing to make that a decisive factor prior to purchase then ethier of these bikes should work great as they are really nice high end machines. Fun stuff !!!!!

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
gehulme said:
....Also, BLT made in US....
I somehow believe that actualy the ML and BLT are made in the same factory by kinesys, but I don't know if I'm right on this. Does any one has this info?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts