Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I have ridden with my LEV 27.2 a couple time and I wanted to increase the return (up) speed. I took the seat off to access the schreader valve ( as the instruction say) and all I see is a aluminum plug. Am I looking in the wrong spot?? IMG_1479 (800x600).jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For anyone interested I just got a reply from KS:

You cannot adjust the air pressure on the LEV 272 - it is preset at the factory.

Respectfully,

Ron Easton
KS USA
26741 Portola Pkwy 1E658
Foothill Ranch CA 92610
I guess I can live with this, but it was not noted anywhere - I thought I was buying a post with adjustable return speed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah, I just learned this for myself. Just got a lev 272 and the rebound was slow out of the box and sometimes doesn't fully return or gets stuck in the lowest position.

anyone else been down this road? hope there's a fix

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had similar issues with mine when it was brand new. Apparently the "fix" is to spend your own money to ship your brand new post to KS, wait for about a month, get it back exactly like it was before you sent it in, and learn to live with it...

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
The fix is to buy a Gravity Dropper or if money won't stretch that far a TMARS Ebay special.

I have one of each, mechanical, reliable if clunky and both are easily home stripped and rebuilt. Gravity Dropper are super nice people too, which will make you even happier not to be dealing with Kind Shock.

·
Registered
52 Posts
yeah, I've had other similar experiences with KS's stellar customer service, I was afraid that would be the case. I just coated the stanchion tube with slick honey and cycled it a bunch. We'll see if it helps.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Anyone ever taken the 272 apart? Theres got to be a way to put air in it. Maybe the rockshox ifp air adaptor?

I might be pioneering this one because mine is out of air and the last thing I want to do is loose another 5 weeks waiting for warranty. I barely got it back two weeks ago. KS service causes unnecessary anger.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I also have a 27.2 Lev that comes up super slow- totally frustrating while riding, but I've gotten used to it, more or less. Would love to know if there's a solution to get it to rebound/ extend faster.

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Unscrew the collar above the cable entry port, and soak the sliding shaft junction with a good synthetic oil....test operation and ride!

·
bump and grind
707 Posts
Yes. It is possible to rebuild and repressurize the KS Lev 27.2. You will need a Nitrogen charging needle (like what is used on Fox moto and bike shocks) to recharge the IFP. Check out the KS lev damper thread. I've posted a 27.2 rebuild.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well that's a bummer ...just got mine, works good but the return is not as "snappy" as the air filled specialized post on my Camber Evo 29'r. I had done research online and even downloaded the manual from KS's site linked to the 27.2 post ...showed that it was fill-able from the top of the seat post. I suppose I will learn to live with it, but seems like they should have updated the manual or somehow indicated that on their site.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes. It is possible to rebuild and repressurize the KS Lev 27.2. You will need a Nitrogen charging needle (like what is used on Fox moto and bike shocks) to recharge the IFP. Check out the KS lev damper thread. I've posted a 27.2 rebuild.
Do you have a link to this thread?

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
Have 2 of these 27.2 LEVs, and I basically have to reach back with one hand while standing-up in order to lift the saddle to full height. It sucks after riding one of my other bikes with a consistent fast return rate.

Has KindShock ever posted a service bulletin or anything regarding the lackluster performance?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts