Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been on the C'dale site lately?

One used to be able to go through the old pages for info on older Lefties. In particular the marketing spec's weights, model types for that year etc. Now it appears that they only have PDF manuals for download :-(

For instance, if you wanted info on just about any year Lefty you could go to the link below and subsitute or "07, 08, 09, or 10" and that years line up of Lefties would be there.... no more :mad:

http://www.cannondale.com/suspension/09/index.html

It would be nice if they would continue to support the older models, if not in actual service, at least in information.

I've dug around an cannot for the life of me find these pages any more... :confused:

·
Registered
301 Posts
+1

I noticed that over last weekend. They used to have each years website on line to peruse, no more at least I could not find such.

Bummer.

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Isnt there a way to use google cache to get the old page up even though its not on the cdale site.

Maybe someone knows more.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Prophet Julio said:
Just click on bikes and archived is at the bottom of the list.
I think the point is that it's a now just a generic list/chart of all the bikes from a given year, instead the actual old sites with vintage graphics, marketing blurbs, and navigation preserved.

I kinda liked seeing the whole archived websites, but the on the bright side navigation through the archive is quicker with this new format - easier if you're hunting for an obscure model maybe.

ziscwg said:
Isnt there a way to use google cache to get the old page up even though its not on the cdale site.
As far as seeing the old cached sites - I think there used to be something called the Internet Way Back Machine or something like that? Not sure if it's still around and has captured cannondale.com...

Edit:
This is what I was thinking of:
http://www.archive.org/web/web.php
but I think you'd need specific page URL's, plain old cannondale.com seems to go into lala land

·
I CANondale
51 Posts
the website WAS excellent - now there is a mess of pictures and specs ....:madmax:

The archive WAS :thumbsup: now there is nearly nothing ....

Hope this is only a mather of time until C´dale fixes these issues

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't forget, there is also:
vintagecannondale.com
This company is really something. They not only cannot fix their website for over a year but they do not even bother to respond to emails. I think Cannondale is doing a great job ... to get rid of its customers. To be honest, it is always a red flag when company is unable to respond to emails. That's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
377 Posts
This company is really something. They not only cannot fix their website for over a year but they do not even bother to respond to emails. I think Cannondale is doing a great job ... to get rid of its customers. To be honest, it is always a red flag when company is unable to respond to emails. That's my 2 cents.
What do you need to know? How can I help you?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Since you asked, I'd like to superimpose geometry diagrams between a medium 2008 Scalpel and a medium 2010 Rize.

·
Registered
377 Posts
That Vintage Cannondale website has all the catalogs on it and in each catalog is the geometry pages toward the back. Just look at the 2010 Scalpel and 2010 Rize. 2008 and 2010 scalpels are the same geo. You can just print those two pages.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
The archives will be back in the 2012 website... but as rumshcawheely said, Vintage Cannondale or people here can help. Many companies don't keep past model informations by the way.

For email response, know that they get a boatload of emails, many are probably unsolicited and many more are probably hardly clear, polite or understandable... The few times I have written, they wrote back, not always in the same hour but in a matter of a day or two at worst...

·
Registered
6 Posts
What do you need to know? How can I help you?
Thank you for offering help. I would like to know the following about the Solo Rigid fork.

1) Fork Length (from the bottom of the head tube to the center of the wheel axle)

2) Steerer Diameter (so I can figure out the Headtube compatibility)

3) Steerer Length

4) Product code so I can order it.

5) Maybe price?

6) Since I am far away from LBS I would like to know where I can order it either online or over the phone.

I am not sure whether variations between model years exist. Perhaps a proper pdf drawing with the fork geometry would be helpful as well.

I am sorry about my long list but believe me I did my homework and tried to find the above info. I wrote 6 emails during the last 2 months to Cannondale and have not received 1 response.I would not like to bash them so I am not going to comment on this.

Again, thank you for offering help.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The archives will be back in the 2012 website... but as rumshcawheely said, Vintage Cannondale or people here can help. Many companies don't keep past model informations by the way.

For email response, know that they get a boatload of emails, many are probably unsolicited and many more are probably hardly clear, polite or understandable... The few times I have written, they wrote back, not always in the same hour but in a matter of a day or two at worst...
Recently I had reason to mail them - did this on a Sunday and Monday morning early I had a reply from the distributors in South Africa. Not only had they read the mail but they had already passed it on to the local distributer. Not sure if I was just lucky but I was impressed for a while.

·
Registered
540 Posts
They got back to me pretty quickly when I e-mailed with questions about a reducer headset. A couple of days as I recall. I know they get a ton of e-mail but i appreciated their response. They went into detail about what sets I could use and how stack height would be affected. Don't know if I just got lucky and the person was feeling generous or what but I was impressed.

Another one like that was WTB. I busted a bolt in one of my lock on grips. They over nighted me a new set free of charge.

Vintage Cannondale's site has been a god send for ID'ing bikes for myself and friends. Terrific resource especially in the used market when some guy tries to claim the bike's only a few years old.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is anyone out there who has a Bad Boy with Rigid Solo fork? I would like to ask you to do me a big favor.

Can you measure the Rigid Solo Fork Length (from the bottom of the head tube to the center of the wheel axle) and post it or PM it to me please?

Many thanks

·
Registered
377 Posts
Is anyone out there who has a Bad Boy with Rigid Solo fork? I would like to ask you to do me a big favor.

Can you measure the Rigid Solo Fork Length (from the bottom of the head tube to the center of the wheel axle) and post it or PM it to me please?

Many thanks
Sorry it took so long to reply. I was hard at work on vacation. So I sent an email to Cannondale and they replied two days later. The solo rigid is not available as a part from Cannondale. Therefore no price, no part number. 398 axle to crown. 1-1/8" steerer. Email [email protected]...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts