Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a Cannondale bike, and I have seen a few threads discussing potentailly using a warranty. Those threads have ignited this one. (My bike is not broken, but this is all hypothetical so I can educate myself)

What process do I go about to use a Cannondale warranty? What documentation do I need to have? Will I send the documentation in as well?

I am clueless on the whole process, if someone could fill me in to all the details.

Thanks,
S6

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
Probably easier/faster if you go back to the one you bought it from but it doesn't have to be. If you moved or if the shop no longer exist, you still have a warranty. It's Cannondale who warranties your bike, not the shop.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
Cannondale makes the frame and the fork, they don't warranty a rim for exemple. The other parts are warrantied by their own manufacturers, most things have a one year warranty. If you have a Jekyll though, and Cannondale replace the frame with let's say a Rush or a Prophet, they will include a rear shock.

Still, if you have a problem with something else, go see a dealer with the receipt.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does my bike have a valid warranty?

I am not the first owner of my bike. I bought it off of this website from a Cannondale Rep.

He did send with the bike a generic invoice with hand written information. (It is a generic form that does not have Cannondale's name on it or the reps...)

I've had no problems with this bike, but I want to make sure that I can take action needed I ever have a problem.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
I don't know what site you are refering to but normally, and that's the case with all the bike companies out there, the warranty is for the original owner only. If you ever have a trouble with the bike, go to a shop an be honest, tell them where you got it from and sometimes, the rep in charge will still help you out even if you are not the original owner. But that's all assuming you ever do have a problem, chances are you'll never need it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This site = mtbr.com

Thank you Dan for all of your replies.

That is good to know about the warranty only being good for the original owner.

However, since the Cannondale rep was the original owner... I was hoping (and didnt ask at the time - 3 years ago) if he could use his leverage and provide documentation so that I could "technically be" the original owner.

But, I will, if I ever have a problem, be honest like you mentioned.

Thanks...

·
Registered
879 Posts
I am in the process of taking advantage of the warranty on my Super V as you can see in the other thread, but haven't had time to take it in yet. Been busy riding my new Rush haha. Anyway, I don't want to get my LBS into trouble here, but if you don't have the receipt but are really nice to your LBS who carries C-dale, then they may be able to "help" you out with a receipt. Hopefully you get my meaning here, and this was done for me one before when my rear shock blew out and I was past the warranty. Cheers.

·
Registered
879 Posts
HAHA, I'll be sure to keep everyone updated with the progress of my warranty. So far it sounds like it will go well, it's just that Dale puts a lot of restrictions in their warranty aimed at intimidating people and preventing fraudulent claims. I can understand this, however, and for example they say that they will inspect your frame and decide if it is your fault or not. They will also see if it can repaired, or replace it if repair is impossible. Also, if they think the crack resulted from something you did or from fatigue, then they will offer you their Crash Replacement Program which allows you to buy a new frame at a greatly discounted price, whoch probably means it will only cost $1150 instead of $1200 haha. :)

·
Registered
879 Posts
I talked to my LBS, they said either bring in the entire bike or just the frame. I haven't brought it in yet because I want to take all of my components off to save them for the new frame if I get one,and I just haven't had time. But otherwise you can go to the Dale website and their warranty information is available. I am also holding off, because sleazy as i sounds, I would like a 2007 frame. ;)

·
Registered
879 Posts
I'll post a link once the blasted webpage displays again. It's usually pretty easy to find.

As far as being sticklers, my LBS is not a major Dale dealer with only two Rushs sitting around. On these forums, the general consensus is that they are pretty good, even if the damage is your fault. Of course there are exceptions I'm sure.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hello all,

As Cannondale seems to be pretty clear about "proof of purchase from ORIGINAL owners..." Does anyone a proof of purchase that you can scan and post so I can compare it to the papers I received when I bought my bike from the Rep?

Feel free to black out any important info, but I would appreciate seeing your POPurchase.

Kindly,
S6

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.