Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any help would be appreciated
i'm 40 years old 225 lbs overall in good shape looking to get back into mountain biking.
the two I'm looking at are
REI has a 2011 Cannondale f-5 trail for $599
and my local bike store has a 2011 GT avalanche 3.0 for $499
thanks

·
Picture Unrelated
5,123 Posts
I agree with mimi, the Cdale is a better bike. Though it is worth noting that they are produced by the same parent company; you're getting better parts that will work better for longer with the Cannondale, but not much else.

·
REALLY?
2,098 Posts
I've owned both brands...GT wins hands down no contest for my vote or honest opinion.

·
Super Moderator
6,784 Posts
Thanks to a very light frame - the Cannondale can be made much lighter than the GT. All you need is the right parts.

·
I will ride with you !
19 Posts
Test ride !

I own a GT Avalanche 3.0 with disk brakes, it has been a great all around bike and has yet to brake down on me and it has taken me on some of the greatest adventures ever. I ride with a buddy that has a cannon and performance wise there two of the same, its just preference really. If your interested I will sell you my GT.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i own a cdale sl3 and i dont think its worth to pay the extra price. weight difference between the two should not make any difference for someone who weighs 225. i would go for the gt and save some cash.
my sl3 is pretty heavy, i think more than my gt sensor 2.0.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts