Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I've been mountain biking for the past 9 years on cheap local brands and now I'm in the middle of deciding which reputed brand bikes I should go for (Entry-mid level). According to my budget I can go for one of these

Plz note that these are the only choices I've got left in my local stores for the budget below 800$. I intend to ride it for long distance journeys (30-120KM) using basic Carpet roads and shortcuts which are kinda rocky paths and crossing small streams.

Canondale Trail 7

Merida Matts 20

Mongoose Tyax Comp

Ribow (some unpopular chinese brand)

Trek Wahoo 29er

Trek Marlin.

Which one do you guys think is the best?

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Within a price point ,bikes are very much alike. What you want is one that fits you. Have you test rode any of them? If they feel the same pick one because you like the shop or the color.Would you ask some strangers to pick your car or pants?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank for the reply rangeriderda but I was expecting sort of a different answer. I did ge to ride on Trek Wahoo and it was amazing, Merida Matts 20 felt like a very cheap bike (and it is the second cheapest among these bikes), Canondale Tail was the only bike I never got to ride on but one of my friends said that when it comes to brand reputation Canondale and Trek are the best for mountain bikes brands among the choices I can go for.

I felt really confident with the Wahoo but then I heard a rumor that Trek soon runs out of customer support and that both Wahoo and Marlin are no longer in production is that true? Has anyone used Canondale Trail 7?

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Don't know ,I've heard that Trek's customer service is very good. Go to the Trek web site to check.Even if they are gone Trek is making something in that price point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts