Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who wants this bike produced? Gosh, I'll open my own bike shop, if Cannondale ever produces this! I'll sell these things like hotcakes...

·
Ridin' dirty!
2,264 Posts
Yeah, that's really nice! :thumbsup:
Let's see how long it'll take until Specialized copies it and markets it as another "Innovation" from their engineers..... :D

·
Registered
399 Posts
Here is your answer.

We don't get the good urban stuff here in the States. Too bad.

The fork is the SI Fatty Solo Ultra DL80. Which is an absurd name. To me, Lefty defines the hub interface, not anything else. Not whether it is a double-clamp stanchion with spring & damper in leg versus spring & damper in steerer. They should call it the Lefty DL80, period. By the way, it is heavier than the current Super Ultra Fatty DL & DLR forks.

They also have the non-suspended version (SI Fatty Solo... another stupid name.) See here, here and here.

XJaredX said:
Are those Lefty-ish forks like on that white bike an actual Cannondale production piece or are they custom fabbed?

·
Ridin' dirty!
2,264 Posts
XJaredX said:
Hmmm. I guess my next question would be, if it's heavier than the normal Headshok, what's the point? Like I understand all the advantages for the typical Leftys, but not this one.
So maybe you can use your regular lefty wheels too?
I think this should be the new c'dale standard period.
That way we don't have to bother with lefty/non lefty specific whee lsets all the time. :thumbsup:

·
Like catnip for people
401 Posts
Not meaning to "out" myself, but I saw the Stealth on Kanye Wests blog a few weeks ago for the first time and thought wow... but seeing those up close and personal photos in this thread... it's fecking amazing and I want one.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Well, you're man enough to be honest, and I know you were trying to be self-deprecating by not tyring to "out" yourself. But, I can't resist...

Kanye West's Blog! Hahahahahahaah. Hahahahahahahaha. Hahahahahahahahaha.

Hahahahahahahaaahahahahaha.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Oh my god, that made my day.

ar1981 said:
Not meaning to "out" myself, but I saw the Stealth on Kanye Wests blog a few weeks ago for the first time and thought wow... but seeing those up close and personal photos in this thread... it's fecking amazing and I want one.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Well, it looks kick-ass and as others have said, if all you have is Leftys (and I have a few), why would you want to have a traditional wheelset around just for a commuter bike (which is what I've unfortunatley have had to do).

XJaredX said:
Hmmm. I guess my next question would be, if it's heavier than the normal Headshok, what's the point? Like I understand all the advantages for the typical Leftys, but not this one.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Back on track....

Let's get this topic back on track.

While I busted the little guy's chops, at least Kanye West's blog pointed be to core77 that had some Eurobike coverage. The marketingteaseblurb talks about the "lefty road flange". Is Cannondale considering taking the lefty hub interface to road bikes? Would it be a different standard, as sort of implied in that three word phrase?

·
Super Moderator
6,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's basically a Headshok, with one leg removed- exactly like a fighter jet landing gear strut....super-genius!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.