Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I began riding 2.5yr ago and primarily ride moderate difficulty single tracks, small jumps and drops, plenty of rock and roots. I'm seriously contemplating selling my Cannondale and buying an Airborne Seeker LINK (Recon TK gold solo air w/ lockout, Elixir 1 brakes, 2x10 SRAM, All X5 components, Weinmann Disc Bull double wall wheels). Would I be downgrading in any way?

My C-Dale is a bit odd, it was a mix up from C-Dale where they shipped the Euro model to a US dealer, supposedly, but regardless it's most similar to the 2011 SL1 (Tora SL solo air w/ lockout, Avid Juicy 3 brakes, X5 shifters, X9 derailleurs, 3x9 SRAM, Mavic 317Disc wheels)

I was considering the Guardian since I was impressed by my friend's Skyhawk considering its price, but the more I think about it I don't want to downgrade. So the Seeker seems like an excellent way to go at $930+shipping. Other than being patient and going used, I can't think of/find a better deal.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestions but the Scott is the wrong size and the Trek is too expensive. I'm already maxing out my budget with the Seeker.

Any particular reason you'd recommend against the Seeker?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For the sake of following up...

Well after a bunch of research, reading everything I could here and comparing what I see in the market, I've decided to get the Seeker. I briefly contemplated the Goblin but for the extra $300 I don't think I'll get that much utility out of the upgrades. I'd rather get the Seeker and spend another $100 on shaving 1-2lbs with Orbea carbon bars, lighter Vee tires better suited for my area/riding, Kenda lightweight tubes, and lighter/shorter stem to help with fit. Already priced these extras out and found some incredible deals from site sponsors. I may go tubeless, but for now think I'll stick with lightweight tubes since I only gotten 1 flat in 2.5yr.

Now the wait for Airborne to get some bikes back in stock!

·
Ludicrous Speed
288 Posts
So you're spending near $1k to then rip 35% of the bike off and swap out with different components. Why didn't you just get a frame and build your own bike?

I almost ordered the Guardian last week, but in contacting Airborne they said there are effectively only 2 people in the building and one was out which is why the reply took so long...

And now im reading that the bike you want to order is out of stock..

With nearly no inventory, and nearly no staff - did Huffy buy airborne and then give up on them? Shouldn't a successful bike company have some stock and some staff? Am I missing out on something?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts