Shifters Shimano XT Dual Control
Handlebars Cannondale Wind Carbon
Stem Cannondale Holy HeadShok 31.8
Headset Cannondale HeadShok Si
Brakeset Shimano XT
Brakelevers Shimano XT Dual Control
Saddle Fi'zi:k Plateau
Seat Post Cannondale Wind Carbon

Right now the weight on my scalpel is 24.5 lb.

I just ordered a set of wheelset of the mavic Crossmax SL/

What would be another item that i could change to reduce some weight.

thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
The first thing to do is change tires to non ust and get some latex sealant or superlite tubes. Second get lighter saddle maybe slr and get light seatpost look for ~160g.
Third get a light bar maybe easton ec 90 and non Over size stem.
If you don´t like dual control then get a set of sram x0 (triger or twister it don´t mather)
and light disc brakes maybe hope mono mini. You can also get a set of foam grips, get a lighter cassette, do some bolt tuning, drill holes and so on.
Anything else?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Go for some Crank Brothers or Exustar ti Pedals. Both are around 200gr a pair, compared to 350-450 for your shimano pedals.

You can save a few grams with the cassette too. If you need 11-34 go XTR (240gr), but if 11-32 is fine, then an XT cassette with aluminium lockring (250gr) is a more economical bet. The 11-34 XT weighs 294gr.

Oh and you should have bought an AmClassic disc wheelset instead of the Crossmax. 1.5kg, or 1.4kg with Sapim spoke upgrade :D. It's not UST, but non-UST tires and light tubes are lighter than UST tires anyway. If you do want to go tubeless, running sealant and non-UST tires saves a few grams.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
37,438 Posts
819s are heavy
the shimano pedals are heavy.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Sebastian,
please dont take this the wrong way, i hope i dont come off as an ass, but help me answer this question that has plagued me for quite some time.
i understand you want to make your bike lighter, hell we all do. thats fine, but you just bought a killer bike and are now asking about ways to make it lighter (hence, replacing stock parts with lighter ones).
this leads me to believe you picked the scalpel because of the frame or the lefty, correct? so clearly it wasnt the parts that sold you...
so getting back to my point >
why wouldnt you just buy a scalpel frame and build it up? with enough surfing the web for cheap/on-sale light components you could build up your scalpel super light for probably a hundred or two less.
ive built up 4 bikes like that, buying parts piece by piece on the internet and have saved over a grand.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replys

hi, thaqnks for the replys.

to the last post, I LOVE THIS BIKE< i have it for a week,

this is my 6 time i change bikes in a 7 month period, but i think i defenely got what i want. I do love the components, but i was wondering what are some components you could change to save some weight, in case in something happens to any of my components, i could replae it for a lighter one.

My idea is this one, to use it for some time and mayve change some items, The only thing i want to change now is the pedasl for the eggbeaters. Everything else i might keep it.

I got the wheelset because it was the only on that sell my lbs and i was getting 20 % off in i buy it the same sade as my bike. And also I LOVE the way it looks,

But this is my forst time using tubeless, what i like is that i can run lower pressure in my tires., but im not using any sealant. it didnt come, i dont know if its ok not to use it.

or should i go with regular tubes?

thanks for everything

·
Registered
916 Posts
11-34 ?

Do you realy need a 22front with a 34 rear ?

A ultegra cassette 12-27 or even a dura-ace will save you arround 100g depending the cassette you have...

If you have a pg990or a shimano xt or xtr keep them

·
Registered
205 Posts
Some Guy said:
Oh and you should have bought an AmClassic disc wheelset instead of the Crossmax. 1.5kg, or 1.4kg with Sapim spoke upgrade :D. It's not UST, but non-UST tires and light tubes are lighter than UST tires anyway. If you do want to go tubeless, running sealant and non-UST tires saves a few grams.
I don't think the American Classic wheelset is available for a Lefty Fork.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.