Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
mutaullyassuredsuffering
2,053 Posts
Ok

I had one for 6 months. It was a fine trailbike. I really like the lefty and the frame is bombproof.

Negatives:

1) Front Der cable goes under the bottom bracket = lotsa drag
2) Heavy! I think my medium frame was around 6 lbs
3) Single pivot. The lack of any linkage results in the platform on the shock fighting all bob and brake induced jacking. No bob = no suspension on mine...

I really wanted a race bike and that was not it.....

·
...soon to be sith lord..
154 Posts
I have an '06 Rush 600 and it's a great bike. It climbs really well and it's well spec'd for the price range. I'm actually getting ready to sell mine because it doesn't see as much trail time as my ss. Keep an eye out on the mtbr classifieds, as it will be there this weekend.

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
I demo'ed it last spring and found it too much. Perhaps it was the wrong size, but it felt too big to me. My regular bike is a Blur.

Now the Scalpel, whoa that really gives the Blur a run for its money. Only noticeable drawback was how it handled the techy DH section- rattled over the roots, where the Blur sucks 'em up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rush

Just purchased Rush carbon 24Lbs and fast climbs as good as my scalpel and goes down hill twice as fast biggest problem I found was sizing i ride a large in the scalpel and a XL in the Rush ( Im 6'3" 225lbs) it really comes down to personal preference other drawback is the rush carbon is pricey:)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm sure I'm not the right person to answer this question but I find it hard to believe a higher end Rush wouldn't make a good race bike, I was at a 12 hour race last year and this guy riding Rush won by a long shot, everybody else was far behind, including 29er's and every other kind of bike, but then again this dude who chose to ride a Rush could have probably of won that race on a number of different bikes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.